Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now?
I was wondering what fellow dividend growth investors think are some of the best bargains/top buys for dividend growth stocks with today's prices. Here are some stocks that rank highly for me:

- MCD
- XOM
- WMT

Please let me know your thoughts!
RGR
HP
GPS
ARLP
MSFT
QCOM
XOM
CALM
CBRL
MO
Agree with HP.
RTN
HRS (a little more speculative)
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Bought into XOM and MCD at $92 a piece.

Would love to own a bit of HP, AAPL ans MSFT at current prices.

Yet...no capital Sad
(10-20-2014, 03:52 PM)rapidacid Wrote: RGR
HP
GPS
ARLP
MSFT
QCOM
XOM
CALM
CBRL
MO

Some good names on the list but I don't know that RGR or CALM would be considered dividend growth names as both have payouts that vary with earnings.

I like HP, GPS, MSFT, QCOM, XOM, CBRL, and MO from your list and own MSFT, QCOM, CBRL and MO.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Here's a screen shot of the top ten DG scorers from my current watch list, updated to reflect today's prices. (You'll see I haven't updated the underlying info for may of these in a month or two.) Score is out of a possible 100.

This isn't a "buy" list for me -- just a starting point. Some of these I already have full positions in, so would not buy (much) more. Others aren't a great fit with my diversification goals. Etc. For the same reasons, other names that I am interested in right now might not make it into the top 10.

Let me know if further explanation of any of that would be helpful.
DE looks good.

Debt a bit too high maybe? Would like to see them start paying it down Smile

PSX is also tempting but just missed Q2 earning estimates.

IBM - wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after today!

Long in AFL, XOM and MCD.

Looking to pick up some T soon and maybe P&G but the 22 p/e is making it look unlikely!
(10-20-2014, 06:26 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: DE looks good.

Debt a bit too high maybe? Would like to see them start paying it down Smile

PSX is also tempting but just missed Q2 earning estimates.

IBM - wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after today!

Long in AFL, XOM and MCD.

Looking to pick up some T soon and maybe P&G but the 22 p/e is making it look unlikely!

If I remember correctly, the DE debt situation looks much worse than it actually is because much of it is for their financing division.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I really like SNY right here. It's overlooked by US dividend growth investors because it's French and only pays yearly, but I think it's a great investment, cheap, and it's one of my largest positions. The earnings the past few years look suspect but it's a patent cliff/pipeline strength story, which is just part of pharma.

Also liking JNJ, UTX, GE, QCOM, GWW, V, TD, BNS. That's probably what I'd buy tomorrow if I were to build someone a portfolio.
My only pharma stock at present js GSK.
Bought in at 5.4% yiled.

The dividend growth history is patchy and they stock is pressed due to a collapse in China sales because of a bribary scandal.

It has a strong growth pipeline and I would be buying more if it weren't for the fact I'm trying to diversify as my portfolio is tiny and weighting stocks at 20 odd percent each!

(10-21-2014, 12:09 AM)earthtodan Wrote: I really like SNY right here. It's overlooked by US dividend growth investors because it's French and only pays yearly, but I think it's a great investment, cheap, and it's one of my largest positions. The earnings the past few years look suspect but it's a patent cliff/pipeline strength story, which is just part of pharma.

Also liking JNJ, UTX, GE, QCOM, GWW, V, TD, BNS. That's probably what I'd buy tomorrow if I were to build someone a portfolio.
I have added to my positions in AFL, CVX, DE, V this past week.
Thanks for all the great replies, I appreciate the feedback!