Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Predicts Huge Dividend Increases
So just read this article: Goldman Sachs Picks 10 Stocks Set for Huge Dividend Increases in 2016.

Not sure what their source is. I looked for another link because TheStreet's website is a f*ing disaster, but didn't find one quickly. To save you the headache, here is the list of companies, with GS's "2015-2016 Expected Dividend Growth":

Ford (F) – 20%
Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) – 15%
Harley-Davidson Inc. (HOG) – 16%
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) – 16%
Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. (HST) – 30%
Regions Financial Corp. (RF) – 17%
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) – 19%
Cummins Inc. (CMI) – 18%
Pentair Plc (PNR) – 17%
Nielsen Holdings Nv (NLSN) – 48%

There is more information provided for each company, most of which seem to have pleasantly low payout ratios, which I assume is the basis for the optimistic predictions about big raises.
Thanks for the info. On first glance the predictions aren't all that bold since I only found one of those companies to have a 3 year average dividend increase of less than 20%

I only own CMI but I know they just bumped in July so by time July 2016 rolls around the prediction will likely be forgotten anyway

I just just one from this list - Amgen Inc (AMGN) - and if I remember correctly their prediction was for a 30% increase this year...the announcement is expected in Oct. So, 19% next year - as rapid put its - isnt exactly bold.

Still good to have an overview of who the high dividend growers are. Thx for sharing, Kerim.
Yep, always nice to read...Thanks for sharing. CMI is a holding of mine as well. Been looking at Amgen.
Ford, Harley Davidson, Johnson Controls, Marathon, and Cummins appear to be benefiting from the low cost of oil. Marathon is helped, because this was the refining spin-off, so the low cost of oil helps their materials costs.

Considering the low cost of oil, I don't know how Pentair can grow rapidly in the near term, since they are a fluid equipment supplier. This would however be a good long term play, considering the equipment purchases that would be required as the price of oil rises.