Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought PLUG, GEVO, NGA, KNDI, LMT, PEP, D, AEP and ABBV

Wow I'm done buying for a while lol
why so much buying on PLUG? CEO, insiders are selling. They have millions of new equities and options which can be exercised at $2 and change. Yes they got contracts but not to the extent of stock running from $2 to $70. It's already way ahead of itself. you guys see it going to $150?
(01-13-2021, 12:33 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:25 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:17 PM)kblake Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:04 PM)stockguru Wrote: Wow how about GME. That stock was left for dead lol

I almost want to buy puts. There's no way this stock can be worth $33 right lol

I don't know NGA. I'm going to look at it now.

Fenders its time for you to be a little bold here and join in the party on some of these name lol

I need to get into some of these name as it's getting harder to find value. Mine as well play the game too. It's only money  Big Grin

If you could pick 2 names which 2 would you buy now?? PLUG, FCEL, GEVO, WKHS, KNDI, FTEK, BLDP, NGA, NIO, GOEV.... There's a million of these  Big Grin

So which 2 do you like??

Based on future and being already established I would pick PLUG and NIO

But based on potential would chose KNDI and GEVO

There's a lot of good names on that list though

I'm with you on that Guru.. GOEV is also going to be a good one long term. I have no position yet. Didn't buy yesterday and now I'm waiting for a dip lol

Question. Have you ever typed in a wrong symbol and then up buying the stock  Big Grin  Well I just did that with BRMK 
It pays a monthly dividend and had a 7% yield. Not bad for 500 shares and make $480 a year in a dividends. Anyone own the name? 

Damn on GME. I almost bought it several times but never pulled the trigger. Nice to those who had it

I sold it a few years ago and took a loss when it dipped under 20. I certainly don’t have the stomach and patience for its comeback!
MA and V getting hit hard today and SQ and PYPL up. Hmmm buying opportunity. Anyone buying MA? Even 1 share lol
(01-14-2021, 02:51 PM)divmenow Wrote: MA and V getting hit hard today and SQ and PYPL up. Hmmm buying opportunity. Anyone buying MA? Even 1 share lol
Lot of folks entering payment space, apple pay eliminating late fee. I am curious if the transaction is still processed through MA And V though?
(01-14-2021, 01:06 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought PLUG, GEVO, NGA, KNDI, LMT, PEP, D, AEP and ABBV

Wow I'm done buying for a while lol
why so much buying on PLUG? CEO, insiders are selling. They have millions of new equities and options which can be exercised at $2 and change. Yes they got contracts but not to the extent of stock running from $2 to $70. It's already way ahead of itself. you guys see it going to $150?

Insider sells mean nothing in this market. Insiders are selling in just about every stock across the board right now lol. Insiders sell for many reasons. 

The budget also included the “Zero-Emission Vehicles and Zero-Emission Vehicle Infrastructure” plan, which proposed to allocate an additional $1.5 billion investment towards clean energy vehicles. Stocks like PLUG will thrive. Know one knows how to value this stock just like tech stocks. Its what the market wants to pay for it and the future. Andy March the CEO is the best in the industry.  He has done the most so far  for climate change which is why I invested in the name. JPM downgraded many name today so they can buy in cheaper. There all crooks if you ask me  Big Grin ... The contracts will keep coming. More and more business going forward to use hydrogen. This company is just getting started.

And yes I think its going to $100 plus

Just think ETSY, CRWD, CRSP, SQ, TWLO ect. They all said these companies were way over price 100 points ago too lol. I'm not saying PLUG is the in the same category. But they are the leaders in the industry and will fun just like these names  Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 02:51 PM)divmenow Wrote: MA and V getting hit hard today and SQ and PYPL  up. Hmmm buying opportunity. Anyone buying MA? Even 1 share lol

I got spoiled when we were buying it sub $300 in November after earnings.  I'm inclined to think it's at fair value here but who knows?
(01-14-2021, 03:08 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:51 PM)divmenow Wrote: MA and V getting hit hard today and SQ and PYPL  up. Hmmm buying opportunity. Anyone buying MA? Even 1 share lol
Lot of folks entering payment space, apple pay eliminating late fee. I am curious if the transaction is still processed through MA And V though?

yes they do. I have a PayPal card and it's through Mastercard. These companies all need the big 2 in order to process. 

Most people that use Apple Pay have the visa or Mastercard debit card tied to it. And a lot stores dont even accept it. Not as big as it was expected. 

I added a few V today. I only have 38 shares, but of it goes down more will build a bigger position.
Bought ADBE for the first time. Got only 10, so went in light. But it has come down to where I thought was a good entry. And at 34X next years earnings looks cheap compares to most stocks and this one is a fast grower.

Anyone own it?

All these stocks they keep bidding up that have no business hitting new highs. It makes stocks like V and MA drop. This market is nutty lol

And I will add V as well. Its one of those stocks I buy and never touch.
That's my approach to V as well. Usually overvalued but it gives you a chance to buy at least a few times a year. I try not to sell it anymore.
WOOF WOOF. $28 A shares right now. Pet stocks are HOT.

I may buy a few just to follow it. I bought POSH at $91.60

Speaking of PLUG I bought more at $63.80 lol

Added to LMT, VLO and took new positions in ETH
(01-14-2021, 03:19 PM)kblake Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:08 PM)vbin Wrote:

yes they do. I have a PayPal card and it's through Mastercard. These companies all need the big 2 in order to process. 

Most people that use Apple Pay have the visa or Mastercard debit card tied to it. And a lot stores dont even accept it. Not as big as it was expected. 

I added a few V today. I only have 38 shares, but of it goes down more will build a bigger position.
Thank you, seems like apple uses mastercard.
Has anyone done analysis on what sectors are over valued ( tech, ev) and what are undervalued right now? I want to reshuffle. ( Contrarian, be fearful and greedy, all that stuff)

Energy is still undervalued but I have huge exposure to it.
What about REITs? Any good REITS?
UTEs been correcting but is the sector undervalued now?
Finance(is it still under valued?)

Will appriciate some thoughts here? May be it deserves a new thread?