Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-07-2021, 04:11 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Gotta decide if this is gambling or investing.  There will always be a MOMO stock you wish you bought last year.  Bubbles pop and good companies take 10+ years to get back to even if you are holding the bad.  The backdrop is right for EV again, but I know I already missed the bus.  I'm am not going to get a 10 bagger buying now.

There are studies out there that have proven momentum to be the only edge in stock trading.
I believe that to be true.  It's sure not fundamentals more often that not when trading.  Both sides of that momentum knife edge are sharp though. Smile  I'm just not chasing EV for an investment right here.  Most of the past few years have been wonderful for momentum trading.
Decided to buy UBER. Just because I wanted too lol

But its trading at 7.1 x sales and 70% discount to door dash. I think UBER could have a really strong 2021
(01-08-2021, 10:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: Decided to buy UBER. Just because I wanted too lol

But its trading at 7.1 x sales and 70% discount to door dash. I think UBER could have a really strong 2021
70% discount to Door Dash.  Is that a new valuation metric?   Big Grin
(01-08-2021, 10:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 10:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: Decided to buy UBER. Just because I wanted too lol

It's the study I computed  Big Grin

But a true formula lol

I will make a bet with you. UBER will outperform T this year by 40% lol
(01-08-2021, 10:57 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 10:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's the study I computed  Big Grin

But a true formula lol

I will make a bet with you. UBER will outperform T this year by 40% lol
Sadly I am afraid to take that bet.  I'll just keep milking T for income until the ol' cow runs dry lol.

Added a few shares of LMT this morning. The chart looks great. Smile
Added LMT
(01-08-2021, 12:33 PM)vbin Wrote: Added LMT
You knew I was joking about the chart right?  Defense stocks are going to zero lol!  Smile   

Seriously though I am sad I didn't go all in on ridiculous PEs and it's too late for some.  I am going to slowly nibble some of the MAGA stocks until they find a bottom.  I'll take a chance on being wrong but long-term Lockheed seems like a better bet that price to sales at 10+ for real money bets.
(01-08-2021, 01:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:33 PM)vbin Wrote: Added LMT
You knew I was joking about the chart right?  Defense stocks are going to zero lol!  Smile   

Seriously though I am sad I didn't go all in on ridiculous PEs and it's too late for some.  I am going to slowly nibble some of the MAGA stocks until they find a bottom.  I'll take a chance on being wrong but long-term Lockheed seems like a better bet that price to sales at 10+ for real money bets.
I have LMT, GD, NOC, RTX. Let me know if you are getting scared and want me to buy your LMTs as well, Lol. GD was more under valued than LMT, last I checked,but LMT has come down 5-7% since then. But LMT has more monsters future contracts.
(01-07-2021, 01:29 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:21 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:42 AM)EricL Wrote: One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
This ends really bad.  In the meantime we make some money. Smile
This can continue longer than any of us think. Biden already mentioned  another check. I am sure they will send one more check in March April if people aren't happy and politicians think economy isn't where they would like it to be. Who cares about deficit or inflation or what might follow.

Look at Tesla, the size of It and the way it's been running. Kicking myself for not catching the momentum cycle. Toyota's CEO put it nicely recently that EVs are more harmful to environment than a fuel efficient gasoline car. Think about where energy comes from, plastics, batteries, how batteries are disposed? It's a beautiful marketing gimmick and offcourse it's the cool car.

Bought back XOM calls before they started running out of profits. Added more LMT, Bought a little TXG, BEPC, SRE(thanks Eric, both look like wonderful stocks)
Gotta decide if this is gambling or investing.  There will always be a MOMO stock you wish you bought last year.  Bubbles pop and good companies take 10+ years to get back to even if you are holding the bad.  The backdrop is right for EV again, but I know I already missed the bus.  I'm am not going to get a 10 bagger buying now.
These companies are the future. They will continue to go up, dip and rocket higher. Long term the trend is up. All these stocks will be over $200-300. Developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious human diseases is the future. Don’t bet against science These are not your typical 1 drug companies. They are much more then that. And you cant win unless you play. Stick with T. That's more your speed    Big Grin

Oh another note there are still a lot of bargains in this market. You just have to find them. Once the robinhood traders go back to real work the volume will dry up and the highflyers will come back to value lol.

GD, LMT, ADP, HII, NOC, CVS, MO, PM, IBM, WBA, C , and the utilities are getting cheaper and the list goes on. Those are just a few off the top of my head

Today I added to FDX, TDOC, and BIPC 

I cant believe the run LB has had. Market is officially nuts lol
Missed this... cheap shot lol.  I own about 60 names and 59 of them are not T.  Wish I understood some of the newer tech like you seem to.
Good website for insider trading? Asking for a friend, literally.
(01-10-2021, 07:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Good website for insider trading?  Asking for a friend, literally.

I use guru focus, it’s up to the minute
Bought some WFC, LMT, BIPC and MO

Looks like the banks are in favor and will run further. Funny I hated WFC at $24 but now love it at $33 lol

How about LLY. Love that move today!!