Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-06-2021, 05:22 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 05:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:06 PM)kblake Wrote: What's the next group to fly?

Seems the pot, solar, and EV sectors are all hot.
It does seem that way.  Valuations were stupid six weeks or six months ago so buy quality that will actually make money when you can.  A few of the solar stocks prices are totally out of control vs reality earnings.  I am also going to watch what goes down due to the regime change.  This market is so desperate for something to buy and I bet it circles back around soon enough to but the "junk".

I agree. Seems there is an insane amount of money sloshing around, moving from one hot thing to the next. When you have $700B stocks like TSLA moving the way it is, and thinking back to the powerful move in AAPL a few months back, it's just incredible.

Social media and ETF buying creates herds of buyers, moving things higher and higher. Moar stimulus that just passed, and more likely to come just keeps pushing things higher.
Short of enemy rockets flying this market can't go down appreciably for awhile.  Probably so called rotations as the media explains away moves. growth-growth-value-growth-growth.  The market rationalizes buying almost everything soon enough.
(01-06-2021, 06:32 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Bought CRSP Bull Call spread135/140  16JUL21

Paid 2.45, max profit 2.55

Breakeven price 137.45 @ expiration

Anyone see a 28.00 drop by July?

Never. The stock is over $180 now lol  Big Grin

Go long  Big Grin
(01-07-2021, 09:59 AM)EricL Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:18 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:16 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 07:11 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I don't understand the drop now, we are closer to re-opening things than we have been. I think the drop is way overdone, when the economy re-opens, Coca-Cola will be there as it always has.

There were three analyst downgrades of KO over the last few days, which is what caused the stock to drop.  It's crazy that a few analysts can move a stock 10% in three days.

I stand corrected - there was a fourth downgrade this morning.  Of course, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't be surprised if their companies were short KO and needed to buy some shares.

KO will make the same $1.90 per share in earnings that it made back in 2011. A time during which it's payout ratio has grown from 50% to 75% of earnings.

The only time it showed EPS growth was in 2018, when it got a windfall from the corporate tax cut.

Since 2011, revenues have steadily declined from $46B to $33.5B, while long-term debt has grown from $13.6B to $39.5B.

Share count isn't even declining anymore, because there isn't enough cash left over after dividends and capital spending to fund buybacks.

KO=IBM, it's just financial engineering at this point. Unless there is a major catalyst, I don't see where growth will come from.
I agree.  It's just a reliable income gaming stock for me. (with the help of options sale premiums).  IMO their path to growth is an acquisition when the market corrects hard and stays down awhile, whatever year that is.
(12-31-2020, 10:41 AM)EricL Wrote: In my trading IRA I sold out of my positions in MO and COR and used the proceeds to add to GBTC and open new positions in CRSP, EDIT, NTLA, NVTA, and PACB.

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-07-2021, 10:42 AM)EricL Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:41 AM)EricL Wrote: In my trading IRA I sold out of my positions in MO and COR and used the proceeds to add to GBTC and open new positions in CRSP, EDIT, NTLA, NVTA, and PACB.

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.

NVTA only up 5% ?? You may want to add to that one  Big Grin

BEAM up big as well
If this keeps up, I'm going to have quite a few positions in my IRA called away on the 15th and 22nd. It's what I signed up for when I sold the calls.
(01-07-2021, 11:00 AM)Otter Wrote: If this keeps up, I'm going to have quite a few positions in my IRA called away on the 15th and 22nd. It's what I signed up for when I sold the calls.
I dance with options every week lately.   Big Grin   It's truly a long game that can't be judged in the short term when the market is insane.  The average monthly income is definitely there over time.  I am rapidly saving up for new trucks and a boat. If they get way deep in the money I will roll them forward no more than once before I give up.  If I like the stock and I can get another 1% income while I wait to see what the market will do I execute the roll.  I have LHX calls that have traveled from $3 to $13 and now back to .40 in a few months.  I rolled it once.  Nothing mechanical about it for me.  It makes sense or it doesn't.  I try hard to never defend a position for no reason., but I make thousands in income every year rolling so it's worth my time. There's no doubt it is tedious some months.  Good luck.  I am rolling a few today as I have options expiring every week.

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
This ends really bad.  In the meantime we make some money. Smile
(01-07-2021, 11:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
This can continue longer than any of us think. Biden already mentioned another check. I am sure they will send one more check in March April if people aren't happy and politicians think economy isn't where they would like it to be. Who cares about deficit or inflation or what might follow.

Look at Tesla, the size of It and the way it's been running. Kicking myself for not catching the momentum cycle. Toyota's CEO put it nicely recently that EVs are more harmful to environment than a fuel efficient gasoline car. Think about where energy comes from, plastics, batteries, how batteries are disposed? It's a beautiful marketing gimmick and offcourse it's the cool car.

Bought back XOM calls before they started running out of profits. Added more LMT, Bought a little TXG, BEPC, SRE(thanks Eric, both look like wonderful stocks)
(01-07-2021, 12:21 PM)vbin Wrote:

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
This can continue longer than any of us think. Biden already mentioned  another check. I am sure they will send one more check in March April if people aren't happy and politicians think economy isn't where they would like it to be. Who cares about deficit or inflation or what might follow.

Look at Tesla, the size of It and the way it's been running. Kicking myself for not catching the momentum cycle. Toyota's CEO put it nicely recently that EVs are more harmful to environment than a fuel efficient gasoline car. Think about where energy comes from, plastics, batteries, how batteries are disposed? It's a beautiful marketing gimmick and offcourse it's the cool car.

Bought back XOM calls before they started running out of profits. Added more LMT, Bought a little TXG, BEPC, SRE(thanks Eric, both look like wonderful stocks)
Gotta decide if this is gambling or investing.  There will always be a MOMO stock you wish you bought last year.  Bubbles pop and good companies take 10+ years to get back to even if you are holding the bad.  The backdrop is right for EV again, but I know I already missed the bus.  I'm am not going to get a 10 bagger buying now.
(01-07-2021, 12:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:21 PM)vbin Wrote:

One week later.

GBTC +42.6%
NTLA +37.7%
PACB +24.0%
EDIT +20.0%
CRSP +19.7%
NVTA +5.0%

This market is loco.
This can continue longer than any of us think. Biden already mentioned  another check. I am sure they will send one more check in March April if people aren't happy and politicians think economy isn't where they would like it to be. Who cares about deficit or inflation or what might follow.

Gotta decide if this is gambling or investing.  There will always be a MOMO stock you wish you bought last year.  Bubbles pop and good companies take 10+ years to get back to even if you are holding the bad.  The backdrop is right for EV again, but I know I already missed the bus.  I'm am not going to get a 10 bagger buying now.
These companies are the future. They will continue to go up, dip and rocket higher. Long term the trend is up. All these stocks will be over $200-300. Developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious human diseases is the future. Don’t bet against science These are not your typical 1 drug companies. They are much more then that. And you cant win unless you play. Stick with T. That's more your speed    Big Grin

Oh another note there are still a lot of bargains in this market. You just have to find them. Once the robinhood traders go back to real work the volume will dry up and the highflyers will come back to value lol.

GD, LMT, ADP, HII, NOC, CVS, MO, PM, IBM, WBA, C , and the utilities are getting cheaper and the list goes on. Those are just a few off the top of my head

Today I added to FDX, TDOC, and BIPC 

I cant believe the run LB has had. Market is officially nuts lol
(01-07-2021, 12:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Gotta decide if this is gambling or investing.  There will always be a MOMO stock you wish you bought last year.  Bubbles pop and good companies take 10+ years to get back to even if you are holding the bad.  The backdrop is right for EV again, but I know I already missed the bus.  I'm am not going to get a 10 bagger buying now.

There are studies out there that have proven momentum to be the only edge in stock trading.