Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-16-2020, 11:35 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: I found some money under my couch so bought some MA LOL

It looks like it held the 50 niceley and should see new highs again

T headed to $24 soon.. Stop wasting your money on that one lol

My biggest gainer this year is PTON since I purchased in April. Up 102 points damn!!

What's the next high flyer.. My pick is SPWR... Yes renewal energy fender lol. I have been adding on dips under $15
Stop saying that lol. I've walked the strike down on my puts like $1.50 without spending any money.  It's all good as long as it doesn't drop two bucks in a week.  It's threatening to do that.

Good job on PTON.  I figured you sold that some time back.  I don't follow it but I imagine the threat of a new Covid surge is working for you?   

Agree on renewable energy.  You can't even look at fundamentals. Just buy some and hope the Momo is good to you.  I won't make a huge bet like that but it's worth a shot.

Hey Fenders did you get any of that SPWR?? Check out what it’s doing today lol ?
(10-19-2020, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:35 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: I found some money under my couch so bought some MA LOL

It looks like it held the 50 niceley and should see new highs again

T headed to $24 soon.. Stop wasting your money on that one lol

My biggest gainer this year is PTON since I purchased in April. Up 102 points damn!!

What's the next high flyer.. My pick is SPWR... Yes renewal energy fender lol. I have been adding on dips under $15
Stop saying that lol. I've walked the strike down on my puts like $1.50 without spending any money.  It's all good as long as it doesn't drop two bucks in a week.  It's threatening to do that.

Good job on PTON.  I figured you sold that some time back.  I don't follow it but I imagine the threat of a new Covid surge is working for you?   

Agree on renewable energy.  You can't even look at fundamentals. Just buy some and hope the Momo is good to you.  I won't make a huge bet like that but it's worth a shot.

Hey Fenders did you get any of that SPWR?? Check out what it’s doing today lol ?
No, I am not chasing the hype as I am way late.   The sector is hot though so I don't blame you.  Just feeding my income stream any day I get a chance and making sure any potential volatile options expire prior to election day shenanigans.  I'll need some dry powder that week and I should have lot. 

Sold a TLT put and an LHX call on the opening spike. Sold a boring HRL put as well.  We'll see if a real stimulus happens and I'll go from there.
Sold rtx put, xle call, expiring end of month.
Used some pooled dividends to add to T and VZ.
Bought some SHW

GILD what a dog. Glad o don’t own that one lol
I put some money to work today. I did my 3-5 share purchase LOL

Added to LMT, COST, SHW, ULTA, MKC and NEE

Great companies, and all these stocks can go up 100 points from here.

Just imagine if you bought 3-5 shares of AMZN 10 years ago. It would be worth today. I would have 60 shares after all the splits valued at almost 200,000 lol

So my 3-5 share strategy does work!!
Added PM, AVGO, LMT and new position in CRWD
(10-20-2020, 11:10 AM)stockguru Wrote: I put some money to work today. I did my 3-5 share purchase LOL

Just imagine if you bought 3-5 shares of AMZN 10 years ago. It would be worth today. I would have 60 shares after all the splits valued at almost 200,000 lol

I like your idea, and your right. Great choices. I own them all but ULTA
(10-20-2020, 11:10 AM)stockguru Wrote: I put some money to work today. I did my 3-5 share purchase LOL

I missed the market fun today.  I launched an entire new port based on 3 share purchases.  Smile   It's not a terrible plan IMO.  Especially given my tendency to jump into falling stocks days or weeks before they actually begin to bottom out.

I may add some LMT soon, but I'm already near a full position. Glad I added more NEE on the last pullback. That one will be good for a decade. I cringe every time someone mentions ULTA. My favorite ladies spent a lot of my wages there going way back. It was right in front of my face and I missed it. ELF wouldn't have been bad for a few years either as they were using it very early on.
Added to GBTC in my trading account, bringing it up to a roughly 1/4 sized position.

PayPal announced the addition of a crypto service to its platform, joining Square.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3624162-bi...run-square

Pure spec play, but feel its worth having some Bitcoin in the portfolio.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Sold an LMT put strike 360. Expires Friday because the stock looks technically broken and I don't have the guts to stretch it out farther. A potential $36K trade is about as brave as I ever get. If it doesn't freefall I can roll it to a lower strike a few weeks further out.
Sold some Oct 30th $25 puts on T. They will miss once again on earnings

Added some AMZN, AAPL, SRE and LMT