Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-13-2020, 09:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Got rid of some cash that was burning a hole in my pocket this AM.  Sold some boring puts in NEM-KO-MO like most every week.  Also sold two puts in RTX at strike 58. RTX has been good to me on the income for a dying dog that never goes anywhere.  Smile  Most of this expires just prior to the election.  Trying to sell a put in JNJ but I am asking for too much money so we'll see.  That should cause some more lawsuits lol.    

Also sold sold a few more covered calls in IP and EXC as they finally ran.  

Looking for some new renewables plays but I need a pullback that probably won't come.

Buy Regi its down today lol
Sold another aapl and 2 rtx puts expiring end of month.
REGI looks dirt cheap today. Smile I may have to be happy I am weighted in green Utes and call it good lol. There are likely a few winners in the sector, but many have already run 5X. They have been losing a lot of money for years, and no end in sight. I guess I am a "greenie", but I am not delusional. If the DEMs win, I don't think they are going to just throw a trillion at renewables in this economy.

And I sold that JNJ put. I still have a lot of dry powder so I'll hope for a few down days.
Added on UNH & AVGO today.
Sold a few more puts today. BAC-VZ-LLY

Most major banks look reasonable to me down here. I prefer T puts to VZ but I probably shouldn't get overweight T. The second LLY put this week would take me straight to full position if it executes at $140.
Anyone looking at FSLY?
(10-15-2020, 01:23 PM)vbin Wrote: Anyone looking at FSLY?
I follow it, and a buddy of mine has made serious bank.  He took his original money off the table months ago.  The TikTok news was known a month ago.  I would tell you I am shocked but they have other issues.  When you trade at 50 price to sales there is no margin for cutting estimates.   I made money on FSLY options.  I am out until it settles down.

Literally while I was typing I just got popup messaged he is down $18K today on FSLY and ROKU.  I need to go console him now but I am going to remind him he made enough to buy a decent house and that money is off the table already.  Smile
(10-15-2020, 01:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
I follow it, and a buddy of mine has made serious bank.  He took his original money off the table months ago.  The TikTok news was known a month ago.  I would tell you I am shocked but they have other issues.  When you trade at 50 price to sales there is no margin for cutting estimates.   I made money on FSLY options.  I am out until it settles down.

Literally while I was typing I just got popup messaged he is down $18K today on FSLY and ROKU.  I need to go console him now but I am going to remind him he made enough to buy a decent house and that money is off the table already.  Smile
ROKU is down 2-3 %. Nothing to cry about but I wouldn't buy ROKU at this price either. I made some money on roku selling puts when it was trading $110-160 range, out of it now for good. It's scary at the moment for me. FSLY looks inticing today. Need to find more info. May be I should just stay away and buy T.
(10-15-2020, 04:31 PM)vbin Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 01:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

ROKU is down 2-3 %. Nothing to cry about but I wouldn't buy ROKU at this price either. I made some money on roku selling puts when it was trading $110-160 range, out of it now for good. It's scary at the moment for me. FSLY looks inticing today. Need to find more info. May be I should just stay away and buy T.
I would let FSLY settle out until you read the recent press releases.  They broke the #1 rule and trimmed revenue guidance whilst sporting an insane PS ratio that was around 50.  If it halves from here it would be fair valued.  No that won't happen if they make next earnings and don't trim growth guidance again.  Losing TikTok was a big deal but they can recover.  I made quick money and I'm not touching it again soon.
I found some money under my couch so bought some MA LOL

It looks like it held the 50 niceley and should see new highs again

T headed to $24 soon.. Stop wasting your money on that one lol

My biggest gainer this year is PTON since I purchased in April. Up 102 points damn!!

What's the next high flyer.. My pick is SPWR... Yes renewal energy fender lol. I have been adding on dips under $15
(10-16-2020, 11:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: I found some money under my couch so bought some MA LOL

My biggest gainer this year is PTON since I purchased in April. Up 102 points damn!!

What's the next high flyer.. My pick is SPWR... Yes renewal energy fender lol. I have been adding on dips under $15

I have been looking to buy some renewable energy names as well. I just have NEE and BEPC. 

SPWR looks very interesting and are actually making money. I'm going to go in small just because you mentioned it  Big Grin

MA, V, PYPL and SQ will continue to grow. Cant go wrong in that space

WGO... Anyone have or follow? I'm thinking of taking a position.
(10-16-2020, 11:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: I found some money under my couch so bought some MA LOL

Stop saying that lol. I've walked the strike down on my puts like $1.50 without spending any money.  It's all good as long as it doesn't drop two bucks in a week.  It's threatening to do that.

Good job on PTON.  I figured you sold that some time back.  I don't follow it but I imagine the threat of a new Covid surge is working for you?   

Agree on renewable energy.  You can't even look at fundamentals. Just buy some and hope the Momo is good to you.  I won't make a huge bet like that but it's worth a shot.