Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
As a speculative play, I initiated a position on FDX before market closed.
Bought NEE, BGS and added a new name ANGI. Got a hot tip on that one lol
(09-16-2020, 09:55 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought NEE, BGS and added a new name ANGI. Got a hot tip on that one lol

My niece works at Angie's List. She said there doing very well. 

I bought EOG and XOM. Maybe I get lucky and they bottomed  Big Grin
(09-16-2020, 09:55 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought NEE, BGS and added a new name ANGI. Got a hot tip on that one lol
The only tip I can imagine is merger or acquisition( based on my info). Hard to imagine that they can keep up with Silicon valley otherwise.

I had a co-worker before who moved from ANGI to bay area. They are a great company but culture is too laid back is what I heard.
Sold NEE put expiring 10/16
On a different note what NEE did is just wrong. Legal but wrong. Announce the split and and then announce offerring.
(09-16-2020, 12:26 PM)vbin Wrote: On a different note what NEE did is just wrong. Legal but wrong. Announce the split and and then announce offerring.

I agree on NEE. And if insiders sold yesterday you can bet the lawsuits will be piling in. It’s my #2 holding and I added another 25 shares. It will come back but it was still shitty of them to wrong shareholders and new buyers that way.
(09-16-2020, 12:31 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:26 PM)vbin Wrote: On a different note what NEE did is just wrong. Legal but wrong. Announce the split and and then announce offerring.

I agree on NEE. And if insiders sold yesterday you can bet the lawsuits will be piling in. It’s my #2 holding and I added another 25 shares. It will come back but it was still shitty of them to wrong shareholders and new buyers that way.
Added some NEE at the low today and sold metals puts yesterday. Slow week.

I'd be curious to know if there was an actual  financial advantage to the order of the announcements (for the company).  I immediately thought of TSLA and other high fliers that drop shares after they hype their stocks in the weeks preceding.  NEE is one of my very few stocks I have no desire to trade any year soon, but they can cease the games anytime now.  No shenanigans from my core holdings would be appreciated. Smile
(09-16-2020, 04:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I'd be curious to know if there was an actual  financial advantage to the order of the announcements (for the company).  I immediately thought of TSLA and other high fliers that drop shares after they hype their stocks in the weeks preceding.  NEE is one of my very few stocks I have no desire to trade any year soon, but they can cease the games anytime now.  No shenanigans from my core holdings would be appreciated. Smile

Got some TDOC (25 shares) in Pre-Market trading today @ $185.10... Will pick some more if it falls further
Caught PEP and QQQ at the low and sold puts. Closed out a TLT put early. Getting a little fat on those and they are going my way.