Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Did we just get a bit of a dead cat bounce, sucker rally yesterday and this morning? Hope so because that is how I played it. Bought back a few puts early that were very profitable. QQQ, DG etc. Also bought back a few for a tiny profit on the morning jump because I'm just not feeling it anymore. CSCO and KHC. My gut has been right lately and I just want to have some cash. I'm not expecting a crash anytime soon, just volatility and some more buying opportunities.
(09-10-2020, 11:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Did we just get a bit of a dead cat bounce, sucker rally yesterday and this morning? Hope so because that is how I played it. Bought back a few puts early that were very profitable. QQQ, DG etc. Also bought back a few for a tiny profit on the morning jump because I'm just not feeling it anymore. CSCO and KHC. My gut has been right lately and I just want to have some cash. I'm not expecting a crash anytime soon, just volatility and some more buying opportunities.
Looks like, have been wanting to add ADP, goog, GD, buti think there will be a better opportunity.

On a different note: anyone looking at snowflake or airbnb ipo? Thoughts are welcome. Brk acquired ~$500M in snowflake pre-ipo and IPO pricing and I have heard good things from a vision and product pov.
(09-10-2020, 02:11 PM)vbin Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 11:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Did we just get a bit of a dead cat bounce, sucker rally yesterday and this morning?  Hope so because that is how I played it.  Bought back a few puts early that were very profitable.  QQQ, DG etc.  Also bought back a few for a tiny profit on the morning jump because I'm just not feeling it anymore.  CSCO and KHC.  My gut has been right lately and I just want to have some cash.  I'm not expecting a crash anytime soon, just volatility and some more buying opportunities.
Looks like, have been wanting to add ADP, goog, GD, buti think there will be a better opportunity.

On a different note: anyone looking at snowflake or airbnb ipo? Thoughts are welcome. Brk acquired ~$500M in snowflake pre-ipo and IPO pricing and I have heard good things from a vision and product pov.
I will research airbnb.  Actually, I did by accident yesterday.  They came up on a search when I was booking a room for a few days of fly fishing next week.  Website worked well and the price was good at a bnb that didn't appear on the famous competitor booking sites.  

And the market dip came this afternoon.  I think we are in for a choppy market until a stimulus happens. I am glad I closed some puts out a day before expiration.  I generally avoid doing that.  QQQ is just too volatile to be sitting on a 90% profit being too greedy.
Closed out KO 50 calls before expiry tomorrow. Want to keep the shares for the divvy Monday.
(09-10-2020, 10:03 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Closed out KO 50 calls before expiry tomorrow. Want to keep the shares for the divvy Monday.
I just had my PPL shares stolen the day before ex-Div.  I wasn't paying attention and forgot to roll forward.  There's one less ticker to worry about.  Smile  I don't think I will miss them that much.
Added to STX.
Apple came down sooner than I expected, rolled over 1 put from 115 to 111 for next week
Sold NOV20 puts in T at the low of the day. 28 Strike for 1.05
Bought DKNG this morning and I’m already up $6

Also bought CHWY at $52. It’s way over sold now.
(09-14-2020, 12:31 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought DKNG this morning and I’m already up $6

Also bought CHWY at $52. It’s way over sold now.
What happen d in DKNG, lol. @divmenow you need to give heads up if you have pre-info about these events.

On a different note: more people been turning bulish on TDOC recently.
Sold KO calls.

52.50 strike for .81 @ the open

OCT16 expiration
Took a new position in BGS and sold some puts in ORI. Almost at a full position