Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-02-2020, 09:09 AM)stockguru Wrote: Went into 70 percent cash yesterday. Will wait patiently for the next downturn.

My top 10 is still in tact. Sold all my trading stocks and etf's

Nice. 
  • I'm at ~30% cash and am now stock piling the monies I typically invest. 
  • In April-May, I reshuffled my "weaker" investments into top companies.  All companies that, if they dropped 20-40%, I'd buy as many shares as I could.
  • I am contemplating investing ~25% of what I normally would just to keep my head in the game.
Paul
Bought VXX. This will only be a trade. I see this as a good play for the short term.
(09-03-2020, 07:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought VXX. This will only be a trade. I see this as a good play for the short term.
I like that trade.  I think it will pay off but you could ride it awhile if necessary.  I don't think our wait will be too long  I strongly considered that not long ago but ended up with some precious metals and TLT puts.  Same goal, expecting some chop and fear.  A small hedge.  Metals paid off faster than I thought.
(09-03-2020, 06:37 AM)pdaignau Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:09 AM)stockguru Wrote: Went into 70 percent cash yesterday. Will wait patiently for the next downturn.

My top 10 is still in tact. Sold all my trading stocks and etf's

Nice. 
  • I'm at ~30% cash and am now stock piling the monies I typically invest. 
  • In April-May, I reshuffled my "weaker" investments into top companies.  All companies that, if they dropped 20-40%, I'd buy as many shares as I could.
  • I am contemplating investing ~25% of what I normally would just to keep my head in the game.
Paul
That's a good plan.  The board is getting a little bearish, but we can't time this much better than a coin flip.  Market might pullback 5% and then run another 20% higher?  I am only getting a little cashy for one reason.  It's not in question the market is historically overvalued.  I don't expect a huge pull back, but if it comes it, is not a good feeling to be 40% down and no ability to buy a significant amount of cheap shares.  

If you are young you have to shut off the noise keep most of it riding in the market or you will miss the bus eventually.
(09-03-2020, 08:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought VXX. This will only be a trade. I see this as a good play for the short term.
I like that trade.  I think it will pay off but you could ride it awhile if necessary.  I don't think our wait will be too long  I strongly considered that not long ago but ended up with some precious metals and TLT puts.  Same goal, expecting some chop and fear.  A small hedge.  Metals paid off faster than I thought.
And there it is. When your your right, your right  Big Grin Big Grin
(09-03-2020, 10:17 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 08:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
And there it is. When your your right, your right  Big Grin Big Grin
I am your biggest cheerleader on that VIXX trade.  Volatility will drive the premiums up on my next 25 option sells.  Smile  What I would really like is a nice down 1500 DOW points week, but the Prez won't let FED chief get any sleep until he adds some more market jet fuel.  I'm not holding my breath fro a crash.  Smile
Bought 1 WM for fun. Have been wanting to buy it since it was at $70 levels pre-crash.

Sold an aapl put expiring next week for $115 strike.
(09-03-2020, 11:44 AM)vbin Wrote: Bought 1 WM for fun. Have been wanting to buy it since it was at $70 levels pre-crash.

Sold an aapl put expiring next week for $115 strike.
I like the short term option trades on quality stocks when volatility rises.  There is no saving us from free fall of course, but it is surprisingly easy to dance your way to an entry 5% lower by rolling it once or twice.  AAPL has been one of those stocks in the past.
My $114 on AAPL just got filled. It's now my 2nd largest holding

Also got some SQ, SRE and EIX
Bought AAPL. DOCU, AEP and NEE
Wow that 70% cash I went into was a good move after all Wink

But now the MMM's are stealing you shares and shaking the weak hands.

I jumped in a few shares of AAPL, added to LOW, SQ, ABBV and PEP.

Sold some puts as well and I'm in the money on most I purchased last week

Just adding to my top 10. Still am 65% cash
I traded RTX in my kids account bought them back. Bought PCGU, GOOG, apple is in the money, thinking to roll it forward at a strike price for $110.