Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Initial position in USB.
Added T on insider buying.
(08-03-2020, 10:28 AM)vbin Wrote: Added T on insider buying.

Take that Divmenow!  LMAO
(08-03-2020, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

And your point is??

Even with the insider buying its down lmao

TAKE THAT Fenders  Big Grin
(08-03-2020, 11:37 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

And your point is??

Even with the insider buying its down lmao

TAKE THAT Fenders  Big Grin
I don't know what I would do for entertainment in between trades if I didn't have you around to spar with.  Smile

T-KO-MO and a half dozen others are 75% about nothing more than weekly option income checks for me.  It's been pretty consistent for a long time now.  Now and then they pop 10% and that's a nice bonus for my few long shares.  Nobody likes boring stocks in this environment, but they are safe down here.  My ROKU and QQQ plays are sure a lot more fun to watch though.  Tech has been great for me but a chimp could pick tech stocks this year. (Did I just call you a chimp?)  Smile  Someday the market will truly dip and I'll be stuck with a too many shares of T and KO and ride it out.  The fact that T just lays there is exactly why I get weekly income checks from expired option writes.               

PS, sold another put in KO and MO today.  Added a few EXC shares.  Just waiting for MRK to run a little.  The upgrades are coming and I'm overweight.  Giving WY the eyeball.  That's been a great play.  Hope they added another shift because the world still has empty shelves for much of what they sell.
I wonder how much weekly options u get? Last time I checked T and Mo had $10 for weekly options.
Anyone buying KMI on insider buying
I am thinking to pickup some but I feel there might be more downside to it. Lol
(08-03-2020, 12:45 PM)vbin Wrote: I wonder how much weekly options u get? Last time I checked T and Mo had $10 for weekly options.
Sorry I wasn't clear.  Weekly options only work for volatile stuff.  I do make $300 or $500 for a weekly option sell in something like QQQ or ROKU with a strike considerably out of the money.  There are no free rides as you know.  The NAS could drop 10% in a week and I own 100s of shares, albeit at a decent price.  

Reqarding the boring stuff game.  I am NOT selling 7 day options in T-KO etc.  I could, but you have to commit to WAY too many shares to make it worth it.  Every week or two when the boring stuff has a down day or two I am selling options that expire 2-5 weeks out.  95% of them expire worthless in a choppy or up market.  Spread out the dates and boring options expiring worthless every week and I rinse and repeat it 2-5 weeks forward.  I should be well past 500 hundred contracts this year.  I spread them out because I have no idea where the market goes from one week to the next.   

Reality is never less than 1% a month return or I don't play.  I target 1 1/2 to 2 1/2% per contact for a months waiting.  Add in the dividends if I can pick the expiration dates right.  Few home runs because i am trying to hit singles and I consistently do.  A $50 to $100 win may not interest most here but 500 times $100 works well enough for me with low risk if you stay disciplined.
(08-03-2020, 12:58 PM)saimash Wrote: Anyone buying KMI on insider buying
Kinder always buys.  All the way down from $45 a share.  I am not buying KMI, but if I was, right here is as good as any entry point.  I can find much safer ways to get the same dividend.
Shorted DE again via call credit spread. Just a couple contracts as a port hedge. 100% profit if it closes below 185 on AUG 28th. Start losing money at $187+ but it's hedged at $192.50. One of these times I'll take a loss "shorting" DE but I'm 6-0. If it dips in the next few weeks I can run off with a 50% profit, and I likely will given the opportunity.
(08-03-2020, 01:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:45 PM)vbin Wrote: I wonder how much weekly options u get? Last time I checked T and Mo had $10 for weekly options.
Sorry I wasn't clear.  Weekly options only work for volatile stuff.  I do make $300 or $500 for a weekly option sell in something like QQQ or ROKU with a strike considerably out of the money.  There are no free rides as you know.  The NAS could drop 10% in a week and I own 100s of shares, albeit at a decent price.  

Reqarding the boring stuff game.  I am NOT selling 7 day options in T-KO etc.  I could, but you have to commit to WAY too many shares to make it worth it.  Every week or two when the boring stuff has a down day or two I am selling options that expire 2-5 weeks out.  95% of them expire worthless in a choppy or up market.  Spread out the dates and boring options expiring worthless every week and I rinse and repeat it 2-5 weeks forward.  I should be well past 500 hundred contracts this year.  I spread them out because I have no idea where the market goes from one week to the next.   

Reality is never less than 1% a month return or I don't play.  I target 1 1/2 to 2 1/2% per contact for a months waiting.  Add in the dividends if I can pick the expiration dates right.  Few home runs because i am trying to hit singles and I consistently do.  A $50 to $100 win may not interest most here but 500 times $100 works well enough for me with low risk if you stay disciplined.
I am consistently selling covered calls in T and KO, have a separate account just for them.

I sell 2 calls at what I determine resistance to be, then I buy 1 call a strike or 2 above those call strikes (IRA, can't be naked calls)

When KO was 45ish I sold 2 SEP18 50 calls, bought 1 SEP18 55 call for $1.21 Credit

If KO goes nowhere, I collect 1.21 plus .41 dividend for 1.62. 162/4500= 18% annualized.

If KO moves up to 50, I close the trade, buy the calls back and sell the higher call. Since the trade is positive delta. I make money. The stock would be up $500, the 2 calls would be down and the 3rd call would be up a smidge. Net would be between 250-300 depending on DTE left. 

250/4500= 27% annualized.

Downside? None really for me, I'm not selling KO unless called away, then put on the wheel of fortune by selling puts until I get put my shares again.

Guys who aren't doing some options around their positions are really missing an opportunity to crank your return.
The rub is one needs 100 shares minimum

Good luck to all.