Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some CARR, V, and MO
(07-30-2020, 09:39 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some CARR, V, and MO
Yesterday JPM lowers price target on V from $203 to $186, maintains overweight rating.  WTH does that even mean when the stock is 5% higher now? Smile  I expect better from JPM.  There has to be a typo in there somewhere.
(07-30-2020, 08:27 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added to CARR this morning. Thanks to the pajama sellers in the morning

Bought TAP and BUD as well. I haven't owned these names in a very long time. But TAP just crushed earnings and these names work in this pandemic. I was running out of ideas so said why not lol

Are they less dependent on bulk bar/restaurant sales than KO and PEP?  No matter the answer to that, still OK consumer staple stocks that aren't going away in the unlikely event states shutdown again.
(07-30-2020, 10:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
Yesterday JPM lowers price target on V from $203 to $186, maintains overweight rating.  WTH does that even mean when the stock is 5% higher now? Smile  I expect better from JPM.  There has to be a typo in there somewhere.

Always do the opposite of what analysts tell you. You will make a lot of money that way! There all crooks and only try and prosper for themselves. And V is going higher. You can  never  go wrong buying it. People are going to be using plastic a lot more then handling cash these days.
(07-30-2020, 11:02 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Always do the opposite of what analysts tell you. You will make a lot of money that way! There all crooks and only try and prosper for themselves. And V is going higher. You can  never  go wrong buying it. People are going to be using plastic a lot more then handling cash these days.

I own V and would buy more if it pulls back a little more  I just thought that call from JPM was bizarre.  JPM is usually not so non-sensical.
(07-30-2020, 11:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:02 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I own V and would buy more if it pulls back a little more  I just thought that call from JPM was bizarre.  JPM is usually not so non-sensical.
They all non-sensical lol. The only target is from you and what you are willing to pay for a company. Targets mean nothing.  Big Grin 

I would add to V as well on a bigger pullback. I try and add 5 shares a month. Not a lot but it does add up lol
What happened to BEP this morning. It's down like $12 from yesterday lol

I know the spin off was completed today but I did't receive any shares on the new company BEPC yet. Your suppose to get 1 share for every 4 shares of BEP you own.

Anyone own? Or know what's going on? Divmenow of Fenders help Wink

I want to buy more but need some clarity first lol

At least UPS is helping my portfolio today up $18. Should I sell haha!
(07-30-2020, 11:46 AM)kblake Wrote: What happened to BEP this morning. It's down like $12 from yesterday lol

I know the spin off was completed today but I did't receive any shares on the new company BEPC yet. Your suppose to get 1 share for every 4 shares of BEP you own.

Stock distribution shell game.  Just a math exercise.  Don't jump on it for that reason.  It didn't really dip today.

And I am about to sell some UPS whether I like it or not. I bought a ton in the low 90s and sold a covered call recently. I can usually roll myself forward out of trouble but not when it runs like this. I'm not telling you to sell your shares, but it sure isn't a screaming buy up here. UPS is a great DGI stock. I'll have to wait to re-enter.
(07-30-2020, 11:46 AM)kblake Wrote: What happened to BEP this morning. It's down like $12 from yesterday lol

I do not own BEP, but I do own BIP which recently went through what I believe to be a similar process.
So basically the price per share is lower now because there are more shares out there... nothing happened to the value of the company itself. And you own these new shares too. I'm guessing it'll just take a day or two for them to show up on your account.
(07-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Stock distribution shell game.  Just a math exercise.  Don't jump on it for that reason.  It didn't really dip today.

And I am about to sell some UPS whether I like it or not.  I bought a ton in the low 90s and sold a covered call recently.  I can usually roll myself forward out of trouble but not when it runs like this.  I'm not telling you to sell your shares, but it sure isn't a screaming buy up here.  UPS is a great DGI stock.  I'll have to wait to re-enter.

I'm not jumping on it. But I just would like to add BEPC. in fact I may just switch BEP to BEPC once the distribution is made. BEPC will be the stronger of the two since its renewable energy side and the future.

Yeah I sold UPS but kept 25 shares as I will slowly add to it again on the downturn. UPS never goes up this much so I thought it was a mirage  Big Grin
(07-30-2020, 12:10 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

And I am about to sell some UPS whether I like it or not.  I bought a ton in the low 90s and sold a covered call recently.  I can usually roll myself forward out of trouble but not when it runs like this.  I'm not telling you to sell your shares, but it sure isn't a screaming buy up here.  UPS is a great DGI stock.  I'll have to wait to re-enter.

I'm not jumping on it. But I just would like to add BEPC. in fact I may just switch BEP to BEPC once the distribution is made. BEPC will be the stronger of the two since its renewable energy side and the future.

Yeah I sold UPS but kept 25 shares as I will slowly add to it again on the downturn. UPS never goes up this much so I thought it was a mirage  Big Grin
UPS quarter is real, but it's a competitive industry and things change in just a few months.  I was worried about Amazon, but both political parties are clearly not playing.  FDX and UPS are safe from anything anti-competitive in nature for a good while.
And this is what happens when fenders get bored. Just sold a ROKU put. (what do they sell by the way?) Kidding Smile

AUG 7th expiration-137 Strike-$455 premium.

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol. My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week. Smile