Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-29-2020, 11:25 AM)vbin Wrote: Added a little ADP and gd. Anyone owns ADP here?

I also added ADP and MO. ADP is almost always overvalued so I do it slowly.
I have been looking ADP for a while. It's down 7% so decided to bite the bullet today.
(07-29-2020, 12:24 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 11:25 AM)vbin Wrote: Added a little ADP and gd. Anyone owns ADP here?

I also added ADP and MO. ADP is almost always overvalued so I do it slowly.
Best strategy with the more popular aristocrats IMO.  Start a position and add small when you can.  When the perfect entry price comes, the rest of the market will be down twice as hard and that's always a distraction.
Also added a little ADP and STX
Explain to me how the SEC can allow what happened in KODK today? It’s hilarious this crap can happen and stocks like MO go down lol.

KODK is bankrupt and runs from $2 to $50. Not bad for a washed up film company who now says they are developing the next wonder vaccine haha!!

Wish we could profit from this one on the way down lol. But I don’t see any options.

From now on I’m going to follow Robinhood most followed haha!!
QCOM up 12% after hours after earnings beat.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-29-2020, 03:20 PM)divmenow Wrote: Explain to me how the SEC can allow what happened in KODK today? It’s hilarious this crap can happen and stocks like MO go down lol.

KODK is bankrupt and runs from $2 to $50. Not bad for a washed up film company who now says they are developing the next wonder vaccine haha!!

Wish we could profit from this one on the way down lol. But I don’t see any options.

What did KODK do wrong that would require the SEC to intervene? They were granted a loan from the government in order to switch their factories to produce medical ingredients. That is basic, generic medicinal stuff. Not a single word about vaccines. They are switching from being a company in a dying field with no future to basically a generic drug company. At least that is my limited understanding of what is happening here.

This sort of a change definitely deserves a positive reaction from the markets as now there is some hope for the future. Again, I don't see what they did wrong to justify a SEC intervention?

You can always short it if you feel like it. I'll be looking into doing this too in the coming days if I find some time because there is probably quite a bit of hopes and dreams included in the current stock price.
(07-30-2020, 03:55 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: What did KODK do wrong that would require the SEC to intervene? They were granted a loan from the government in order to switch their factories to produce medical ingredients. That is basic, generic medicinal stuff. Not a single word about vaccines. They are switching from being a company in a dying field with no future to basically a generic drug company. At least that is my limited understanding of what is happening here.

This sort of a change definitely deserves a positive reaction from the markets as now there is some hope for the future. Again, I don't see what they did wrong to justify a SEC intervention?

You can always short it if you feel like it. I'll be looking into doing this too in the coming days if I find some time because there is probably quite a bit of hopes and dreams included in the current stock price.

KODK is hard to borrow, so tough to short and their options have like zero open interest which is weird for a stock with weekly options.
(07-30-2020, 03:55 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 03:20 PM)divmenow Wrote: Explain to me how the SEC can allow what happened in KODK today? It’s hilarious this crap can happen and stocks like MO go down lol.

What did KODK do wrong that would require the SEC to intervene? They were granted a loan from the government in order to switch their factories to produce medical ingredients. That is basic, generic medicinal stuff. Not a single word about vaccines. They are switching from being a company in a dying field with no future to basically a generic drug company. At least that is my limited understanding of what is happening here.

I true, it a little suspicious Monday's trading volume was 20X compared to late last weeks daily volume.  What's a little insider trading among friends?  Smile 

I've done no serious reading on this matter but it doesn't sound good if true.  Wasn't that a full 24HRS before announcement was made publicly?  If so the SEC should be asking a few questions.

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.   Big Grin 

Yesterday I spoke with an old man who actually encouraged me to begin investing.  He used to be so nervous.  He'd scare easy and cash out on market lows, then reinvest after it ran halfway back up.  30 years later and he just joined a paid subscription service and is make huge bets on Momo stocks I've never heard of.  He's killin' it too.  Smile
Added to CARR this morning. Thanks to the pajama sellers in the morning

Bought TAP and BUD as well. I haven't owned these names in a very long time. But TAP just crushed earnings and these names work in this pandemic. I was running out of ideas so said why not lol
Added a few shares of MDT. Just a rebalance in progress. I will likely sell a few shares of MRK soon when the DOW isn't down 500pts.

Sold puts in RDS,BP and XOM with short expiration dates. All the oil I own right now is in my car so it's probably time to start entering. Big oil earnings should be about as ugly as it will get short of protracted recession. It sounds like a good theory anyhow. Smile