Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-01-2019, 12:33 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:35 AM)Otter Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:24 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 09:52 AM)Otter Wrote: I added yet more pooled dividends to SKT this morning. Dollar cost averaging . . .

You have such a love fest for SKT  Big Grin

Their latest earnings print was actually decent. Enough AFFO to cover the dividend, and the tenancy figures they gave certainly don't paint a picture of all their tenants being driven out of business by Amazon. With the short interest up to 51% of the float, you'd think they had declared Chapter 11. Seems like a good candidate for a short squeeze, and in the meantime those folks get to pay my dividend.

That said, it is one of my smaller holdings, and my cost basis is now down to $19.50, so I've still got a ways to go before the paper values are out of the red.
Yes they beat by 2 cents but missed on the revs side. I believe they guided next quarter in line. 

I bought the stock as $13.90 in Aug sold at $17 . That's the level is cant seem to get above. Its on my watch list but only for a swing trade. If it can break out above $18 then it will go. I just dont see that happening with retail still an issue. If it gets under $14 I will add again.

Under $14 again would be an absolute steal, with a P/AFFO under 7.5 (8.85 at the moment using FASTGraphs' blended basis for calculating P/AFFO or P/E). Currently selling for 2008/2009 prices, and current payout of $1.42/share leaves them a good deal of flexibility. If a 2008 wipeout is on the horizon, and a huge chunk of their tenants start declaring bankruptcy, that will be problematic. 

[Image: 7inDcrt.png]
SKT looks like a much better shorting opportunity than a buy to my eyes.
(11-01-2019, 05:43 PM)NilesMike Wrote: SKT looks like a much better shorting opportunity than a buy to my eyes.

You beat me to it.  I am waiting for Otter to single handedly run it up some first.  Smile  It does look tradeable when it gets very oversold, but shopping habits would have to change significantly to make me feel comfortable going long in any real way.
(11-01-2019, 06:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 05:43 PM)NilesMike Wrote: SKT looks like a much better shorting opportunity than a buy to my eyes.

You beat me to it.  I am waiting for Otter to single handedly run it up some first.  Smile  It does look tradeable when it gets very oversold, but shopping habits would have to change significantly to make me feel comfortable going long in any real way.

That's 3 Nays to 1 Yeah. It must be a buy then  Big Grin
(11-01-2019, 07:48 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 06:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

That's 3 Nays to 1 Yeah. It must be a buy then  Big Grin

Couple more purchases and Otter will be bullying the Tangers at the shareholder votes.  Smile
Tough crowd.  Big Grin

Hopefully SKT is like the 2018 version of OHI, and experiencing maximum pessimism. At 1.33% of the total dividend income stream, I'm comfortable continuing to bring the cost basis down. If it goes positive again, I may trim it to 1% or less. 

Still kicking myself for selling out of OHI completely when my position got back to even.
(11-01-2019, 10:21 PM)Otter Wrote: Tough crowd.  Big Grin

Hopefully SKT is like the 2018 version of OHI, and experiencing maximum pessimism. At 1.33% of the total dividend income stream, I'm comfortable continuing to bring the cost basis down. If it goes positive again, I may trim it to 1% or less. 

Still kicking myself for selling out of OHI completely when my position got back to even.

All joking aside, when the market eventually gets a little rough, SKT at $15 is probably no more risky than some of these blue chips we are holding with PEs about 30% higher than we'd like.  SKT management is solid.  I've always thought my local Tanger should diversify away from women's apparel somewhat.  It sounds like they are doing that at some locations.
(11-02-2019, 04:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:21 PM)Otter Wrote: Tough crowd.  Big Grin

All joking aside, when the market eventually gets a little rough, SKT at $15 is probably no more risky than some of these blue chips we are holding with PEs about 30% higher than we'd like.  SKT management is solid.  I've always thought my local Tanger should diversify away from women's apparel somewhat.  It sounds like they are doing that at some locations.
I’m headed to outlets today.  I will spend $500. That should help your SKT stock lol ?
Added to BTI this morning.
Picked up initial positions in KR and IVZ this morning. Wanted to get both before their ex dividend dates.
(11-04-2019, 12:50 PM)ChadR Wrote: Picked up initial positions in KR and IVZ this morning.  Wanted to get both before their ex dividend dates.

That's become a habit of mine this year.  I usually don't crowd the x-div date too close though unless the market happens to dip and kill the mini-rally they often see.  I have no math to back it up, but it seems to me adding an extra $100 or $1000 in divs to your port per year might add up over time.  Even when I enter selling a put, which is usually, I try to lessen the chance somebody sticks me with shares right after they stole the dividend in the assignment process.
Added to LHX