Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-05-2019, 05:39 PM)kblake Wrote: This is my first time posting all. I will buy stocks as long as there in my buy range and at good valuations.

In recent days I bought some PM, CSCO. CAH, WFC and EMR

Welcome to the forum kblake.  We need some more active posters.
(09-05-2019, 05:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 05:39 PM)kblake Wrote: This is my first time posting all. I will buy stocks as long as there in my buy range and at good valuations.

Yes, welcome kblake! Glad you found us and joined up.

Fenders -- I usually take a pretty hands-off approach and don't worry about growing the site, but if folks think it would be beneficial, I (we?) could step up a bit of promotion and recruiting. I used to mention the site in comments over on SA, and that sometimes brought a few folks in. Thoughts anyone?
(09-05-2019, 08:11 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 05:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Yes, welcome kblake! Glad you found us and joined up.

Fenders -- I usually take a pretty hands-off approach and don't worry about growing the site, but if folks think it would be beneficial, I (we?) could step up a bit of promotion and recruiting. I used to mention the site in comments over on SA, and that sometimes brought a few folks in. Thoughts anyone?

I do enjoy the small group very much, and feel like I know everybody here just a little.  But a few more active posters wouldn't hurt on those slow days IMO.  Do I want it to be like S.A?  No, being a jerk to others just because you can get by with it seems to be a hobby for some there, and I like the respectful environment we have here.
(09-05-2019, 10:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I do enjoy the small group very much, and feel like I know everybody here just a little.  But a few more active posters wouldn't hurt on those slow days IMO.  Do I want it to be like S.A?  No, being a jerk to others just because you can get by with it seems to be a hobby for some there, and I like the respectful environment we have here.

Hmm..... "We currently have 1,061 members registered."  ..... Not exactly a small group. :-)
I will be very active. I love talking stocks

I did some buying today. Added to ABBV, ADM and TD

Will add MO after the the ex div date next week.
(09-06-2019, 09:02 AM)MikeWa Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 10:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I do enjoy the small group very much, and feel like I know everybody here just a little.  But a few more active posters wouldn't hurt on those slow days IMO.  Do I want it to be like S.A?  No, being a jerk to others just because you can get by with it seems to be a hobby for some there, and I like the respectful environment we have here.

Hmm..... "We currently have 1,061 members registered."  ..... Not exactly a small group. :-)

Pretty sure I didn't say anything so outrageously inaccurate here.  Registered members vs somewhat active posters is not exactly the same thing.  Ten people post here on a busy day. That's a small group IMO.
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Pretty sure I didn't say anything so outrageously inaccurate here.  Registered members vs somewhat active posters is not exactly the same thing.  Ten people post here on a busy day.  That's a small group IMO.

Yeah, lots of people go to the trouble of registering but never participate. I've never quite understood why. All of the the posts are viewable even if you're not registered. I guess it does allow you to track specific threads more easily, but still...

In any case, if folks feel like mentioning / linking this site on SA or elsewhere in hopes of attracting more active posters, it might be helpful. I can do the same. In any case, I'm not really worried about it getting impersonal / rude like it can in the SA comments threads -- I'm hopeful that we could police that pretty easily.
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Pretty sure I didn't say anything so outrageously inaccurate here.  Registered members vs somewhat active posters is not exactly the same thing.  Ten people post here on a busy day.  That's a small group IMO.

Of course, that's why the smiley face in my post.
(09-06-2019, 01:10 PM)MikeWa Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Pretty sure I didn't say anything so outrageously inaccurate here.  Registered members vs somewhat active posters is not exactly the same thing.  Ten people post here on a busy day.  That's a small group IMO.

Of course, that's why the smiley face in my post.
Gotcha, I would like to see a few more members. True DGI investors, not more people like me that start trimming positions when they get way overvalued. Smile

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Anyone being buying endo or teva, lol?
(09-06-2019, 11:11 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Pretty sure I didn't say anything so outrageously inaccurate here.  Registered members vs somewhat active posters is not exactly the same thing.  Ten people post here on a busy day.  That's a small group IMO.

Yeah, lots of people go to the trouble of registering but never participate. I've never quite understood why. All of the the posts are viewable even if you're not registered. I guess it does allow you to track specific threads more easily, but still...

In any case, if folks feel like mentioning / linking this site on SA or elsewhere in hopes of attracting more active posters, it might be helpful. I can do the same. In any case, I'm not really worried about it getting impersonal / rude like it can in the SA comments threads -- I'm hopeful that we could police that pretty easily.
A lot of lurkers like me. I haven't had a chance to post much recently but I read every day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sold out of CINF and PG due to overvaluation and bought PM instead.