Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-02-2019, 12:04 PM)Otter Wrote: Shades of 2013's taper tantrum. This is just the market having a sad that the Fed hasn't announced more and bigger rate cuts.

Could be a different story if the tweeted tariffs actually go into effect, but we shall see on that point.

We'll all watch with interest.  I'm pretty convinced they are going to take their chances for now.  They promised to buy soybeans at G-20 barely a month ago.  Didn't happen because they don't have to.   They aren't the least bit afraid of anything we can do to them in the short term.  .
Added to EMN
Added XOM, BABA. Want to pull the trigger on SLB.
Don’t buy anything. New lows coming soon. As soon as they ran AAPL up for no reason I knew we were in trouble. Buy gold!! Tariffs will never get resolved. It’s all a bunch of BS and the powers at be are only in it to see who has more power. A recession is just around the corner. I was greedy as were most and were all going to pay for it.
(08-05-2019, 11:55 AM)stockguru Wrote: Don’t buy anything. New lows coming soon. As soon as they ran AAPL up for no reason I knew we were in trouble. Buy gold!! Tariffs will never get resolved. It’s all a bunch of BS and the powers at be are only in it to see who has more power. A recession is just around the corner. I was greedy as were most and were all going to pay for it.

That is a bit of a strong reaction to a -3% day...
(08-05-2019, 12:05 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:55 AM)stockguru Wrote: Don’t buy anything. New lows coming soon. As soon as they ran AAPL up for no reason I knew we were in trouble. Buy gold!! Tariffs will never get resolved. It’s all a bunch of BS and the powers at be are only in it to see who has more power. A recession is just around the corner. I was greedy as were most and were all going to pay for it.

That is a bit of a strong reaction to a -3% day...

Hey that’s the way you get better opportunities lol
I hear people are jumping out windows Wink
(08-05-2019, 01:01 PM)divmenow Wrote: I also think we are in for a rude awakening. It was way over due. Stocks went up for no reason at all. I bought like the rest of you lol. Wish I had more patience to wait lol. I also believe Gold is going to continue to go up. I'm glad I bought a few names last month. Its the only thing Green as is ABBV Wink

The problem is the market always looks ahead. But the fact of the mater is Tariffs will not be resolved anytime soon. You have the powers to be on each side that dont' want to give an inch. Neither have come through with promises. Its all about gaining that upper hand. Its all BS and business will suffer because of it. The other issue is.... Who's going to challenge Trump in the race. All the candidates suck lol

I agree it won't get resolved anytime soon, but disagree that it's BS. China's been screwing us over for decades, I'm glad we finally have a president with the will to do something about it.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Buy quality on days like this. I added to MSFT, MA, and PEP. Not much just a little. Don't buy all at once.
(08-05-2019, 02:06 PM)EricL Wrote:

I agree it won't get resolved anytime soon, but disagree that it's BS. China's been screwing us over for decades, I'm glad we finally have a president with the will to do something about it.
Can China screw us over on its own or was it the lawmakers and big companies who wanted these trade treaties to be in a way to gain from cheap labour and raw material? Is POTUS really want to do good for American people or is he doing what's best for him?

I am curious how in 80s a developing country like China can go and start screwing the super power of the world and keep doing that for 40 years. Unless there were other factors in play.
Trump is going to Sattle with Chinese in some way around elections , he will try to pull out of Afghanistan around that time too. After that this drama might continue again. Trump is in for the second term and markets might go for a spin after that is what I think. But as long as we hold real quality stocks bougt at not overpriced eveluations. Things will be fine in the end.