Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-14-2019, 10:26 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Initiated a tiny position in Red Electrica (from Spain)
This is something I will most likely keep adding in the following months.

Added to this.
(07-09-2019, 10:32 AM)stockguru Wrote: I would like to get your thoughts on TPR which is the old Coach. The stock
looks very cheap here. Yield at over 4% and pe 12. I get it has lots
of headwinds with tariffs and China. But looks like a bargain here.

Tapestry has a price to book ratio of 2.5 compared with that of industry’s 3.4 indicates that the stock has enough upside potential. It also looks attractive with respect to a forward price-to-earnings multiple of 10.6x versus industry’s 13.8x. Over the last five years, the stock has traded as high as 22X and as low as 10.03X, with the median being at 17.04X.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't consider TPR anything more than a speculative buy.

BBB- credit rating and no dividend raises since 2013 pretty much disqualifies it as a DGI stock.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added more MMM, probably my largest holding now
Put some pooled dividends into CHWY and TD this morning.
Just curious why CHWY? I shop there too but there’s a lot of competition in
that space with Petsmart, Petco, Target, Walmart, And Amazon.
(07-10-2019, 09:32 AM)stockguru Wrote: Just curious why CHWY? I shop there too but there’s a lot of competition in
that space with Petsmart, Petco, Target, Walmart, And Amazon.

The fanatical customer base that they develop through excellent customer service/support. My wife refuses to shop anywhere else for pet supplies, and she is otherwise an Amazon addict. Retail is a low-margin business, but the pet food/supply/medicine market is growing at an impressive clip. I think CHWY is well positioned to grow its already substantial chunk of this market going forward. I could be wrong, but it is a tiny part of my overall portfolio. 

Don't have a ton of retail in my portfolio, but am an opportunistic buyer. Bought TGT several years back after the data breach and AMZN scare at $56/share, and have been pleased with it. I think I'll be happy with having purchased CHWY in the $30s a decade from now. 

Could easily dip into the $20s if the economy tanks in the near-term, but I'm content to initiate and start building out my position now.
Does CHWY anticipate having a dividend in the near future?
(07-10-2019, 10:22 AM)ChadR Wrote: Does CHWY anticipate having a dividend in the near future?

I doubt it, as they are in growth mode. Along with FB and SQ, it is one of my few non-dividend payers.
Added to T and WBA today.
Initiated a position in LHX.
This will be my smaller defense play for the moment, a big pile of RTN is still sitting there and waiting to see what happens with the merger.
(07-10-2019, 10:22 AM)ChadR Wrote: Does CHWY anticipate having a dividend in the near future?

Being in growth mode with no profits to book, I'd say very very unlikely.
Added to my IRM position