Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Started position in RTN having been eyeing this for a while. Stockguru helped me pull the plug.
(06-28-2019, 09:47 AM)Ron Ricco Wrote: I guess none of us actually want to see a recession, but they can be very good for a dividend investor. Aristocrat stocks will do nothing but drip into a higher yield. Although it isn’t as fun to check the balances each morning, for the dividend income investor it can really boost the income.

Obviously there is the disclaimer about past performance etc, but I look back at the last recession and wish I would have known what a “Dividend Champion” was as I would probably have double the income now.

No of course not, recessions hurt people, even if it isn't me.  As long as I have enough cash to enjoy the stock sale, they aren't so bad on the portfolio in the end.  I learned the hard way that being "all in" is only good when the market is obviously a good value.  We aren't there right now, and I don't have a 30 year investing horizon anymore.  We may be years away from a recession. The only thing I am pretty sure of is we are lot closer to the top than the bottom.  I'll be curious what the market does when he get a zero earnings growth quarter.  Stocks are running up while hitting reduced earnings that caused them to drop not so long ago.  Rational she isn't.  Smile
Congratulations to both stockguru and vbin for the RTN buy.
RTN has been a darling of mine for years already, they have done pretty much everything right though I am very skeptical of this current merger. And the market seems to be too as it has come down a lot since the announcement, I can't blame people for selling though as I'll most likely sell 50% of my position if the deal goes through.

If the deal somehow does not pass, then this is definitely a great time to buy.
Added to RTN and PEP this morning and took a new position in BAH. Anyone own BAH. I did a lot of research on this stock and really loved it. This is a little unknown company that has consistently raised its dividend.
Adding positions to the mega back door Roth. EMN and BMY.
Added Baidu Smile
Added to ABBV and MO today. Took a new position in LDOS. I always wanted to own the name and have been watching for months. I see no reason why it should hit a $100 over the nexy year or so.
Added to PM today
Returned from vacation and hit the buy button to add more TD.
Added to MSFT and took and bought some NOC for the first time.
Added CVS
I would like to get your thoughts on TPR which is the old Coach. The stock
looks very cheap here. Yield at over 4% and pe 12. I get it has lots
of headwinds with tariffs and China. But looks like a bargain here.

Tapestry has a price to book ratio of 2.5 compared with that of industry’s 3.4 indicates that the stock has enough upside potential. It also looks attractive with respect to a forward price-to-earnings multiple of 10.6x versus industry’s 13.8x. Over the last five years, the stock has traded as high as 22X and as low as 10.03X, with the median being at 17.04X.

Thoughts?