Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
My Bemis (BMS) holding became Amcor (AMCR) this morning, through a merger. Still no information regarding the new entity's dividend amount, although the investor webpage states a commitment to a progressive, quarterly dividend paid in $USD.
Added to UTX. Big position today. I love the merger. Talk about getting hit hard after it opened at $140 yesterday! Some may say they don't like the merger with RTN. I on the other hand see a bright future ahead for RTN and UTX. Thanks for the discount.
Ha you read my mind. I as well bought UTX today. Thanks to Trumps big mouth we got a buying opportunity. I also added to LOW and MO
Decided to buy some NOC as well lol
(06-11-2019, 10:50 AM)Binary Wrote: ENB starter pack

I approve of this message.  I'm in a bit above $35.  Looks as good as anything else energy.  

I am back to adding a bit of cash each week when she runs up.
Added to OXY. Lots of insider buying the last few days. Looks like it bottomed and is headed up.
Added to BEP and UPS this morning.
I'm tempted to buy MMM here at $166, but just cant seem to pull the trigger yet lol? I keep thinking if Tariffs dont get settled this stock could see lows. But then again its always good to be ahead of the curve and get in before China gets settled. Thoughts?
(06-14-2019, 09:30 AM)divmenow Wrote: I'm tempted to buy MMM here at $166, but just cant seem to pull the trigger yet lol? I keep thinking if Tariffs dont get settled this stock could see lows. But then again its always good to be ahead of the curve and get in before China gets settled. Thoughts?

I opened a position a few weeks ago at $175, and added to it earlier this week at $168. It looks pretty fairly valued at the moment, and has bounced from dipping under $160. Stocks can always undershoot deeper than you'd think, but I just try to stick to my buying rules for when something looks like a fair deal. I won't always (or probably ever) buy at the bottom, statistically speaking. 

I had wanted to own MMM, but for much of the past four years it has been consistently overvalued, compared to its historical norms. Now that it's in the range of fair value, I was happy to grab some. Doubt I will regret the purchase 5-10 years down the road.
Or, to show it graphically, MMM can be had at a P/E valuation not seen since 2012:

[Image: zUXj0Ar.png]
Initiated a tiny position in Red Electrica (from Spain)
This is something I will most likely keep adding in the following months.
(06-14-2019, 10:26 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Initiated a tiny position in Red Electrica (from Spain)
This is something I will most likely keep adding in the following months.

wow, this is new to me.  It seems to be great diversification with utilities in Europe.