Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Opened a position in XOM. Might as well get in before the dividend. That's enough oil now.
(05-09-2019, 10:48 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Opened a position in XOM. Might as well get in before the dividend. That's enough oil now.
@fenders53, can you share your thoughtsbfor buying now?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
(05-09-2019, 10:55 AM)vbin Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 10:48 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Opened a position in XOM. Might as well get in before the dividend.  That's enough oil now.
@fenders53, can you share your thoughtsbfor buying now?

Sure, I'm a little under invested in oil at the moment.  I already own CVX and BP.  I almost always have a covered call or put sold on at least part of my oil position(s).  Oil is an income play for me.  I just try to not get myself forced in when it's clearly too high.  And I am OK sitting on all of my oil positions for years with the fat dividends I think are safe.  

On a side note I have no fantasies my oil stocks will suddenly run up 15% from here.  And another side note I think oil is a bad DGI idea for the longterm, which makes it a bad DGI pick (just my opinion of course.  Great current div?  Yes, that is why I am here but will never have a huge position and expect longterm div growth. They are always just a few years from the next down cycle and they get scarier every time. Too much leverage other than the majors, which still have their share.
Nibbling on my ETFS. Vanguard VCR, VGT and VUG, Why, because I got really lucky last week and sold half positions at the top in a number of things? I didn't believe the trade deal was a done deal. I am probably early getting back in, so I will go very slow. All I know for sure is they are considerably cheaper than the same shares I sold last week. I have lots of dry powder.

For those looking for a decent way to play the big cap high fliers without single stock exposure, I recommend VUG. Not necessarily today of course. I'm putting my Nostradamus hat away for awhile. Smile
Added to KO.
AMGN getting interesting!
Non div purchase. Started position in UBER because I use it all the time more than any other cab.

Added UPS, CAH and JNJ to my sons account.
More MMM in the morning
(05-10-2019, 11:11 AM)vbin Wrote: Non div purchase. Started position in UBER because I use it all the time more than any other cab.

More ABBV
Added abbv