Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I swear this happened last night. Wife made me drop by CVS after work to pick up her script she had called in over 24HRS earlier. Somehow it wasn't ready, and they told me it would be done in 10-15 minutes if I wanted to take a seat. Wasn't ready last month either. I was annoyed but I quietly took a seat and texted my wife.....

Told her "THIS is how you blow earnings, AMZN is going to destroy them and I am selling all our shares tomorrow!"

Her Response "that'll teach em".

OK, I'm not as mad at CVS today. That was a really good earning report and forecast. I'm giving them one more chance lol.
(05-01-2019, 03:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I swear this happened last night.  Wife made me drop by CVS after work to pick up her script she had called in over 24HRS earlier.  Somehow it wasn't ready, and they told me it would be done in 10-15 minutes if I wanted to take a seat.  Wasn't ready last month either.  I was annoyed but I quietly took a seat and texted my wife.....

Told her "THIS is how you blow earnings, AMZN is going to destroy them and I am selling all our shares tomorrow!"

OK, I'm not as mad at CVS today.  That was a really good earning report and forecast.  I'm giving them one more chance lol.

I had to wait in the MCD drive-through for 20 min last week but that didn't sway me to sell the stock lol 

CVS is headed up. That was a great report today. I just wish some of that would run off on WBA haha!!
(05-01-2019, 05:45 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 03:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I swear this happened last night.  Wife made me drop by CVS after work to pick up her script she had called in over 24HRS earlier.  Somehow it wasn't ready, and they told me it would be done in 10-15 minutes if I wanted to take a seat.  Wasn't ready last month either.  I was annoyed but I quietly took a seat and texted my wife.....

OK, I'm not as mad at CVS today.  That was a really good earning report and forecast.  I'm giving them one more chance lol.

I had to wait in the MCD drive-through for 20 min last week but that didn't sway me to sell the stock lol 

CVS is headed up. That was a great report today. I just wish some of that would run off on WBA haha!!
I think at the very least they aren't headed down and that's a very welcomed change.  I don't follow WBA too close but they may have to make a move to change their course some fairly soon.  Solid company and surprised they are in this spot right now.  They have that "deer in the headlights" look right now.  I think that will change soon enough.
CVS got a refill yesterday, 2/4 to full postion.
8 more up'ed to full or almost (AAPL, SPG, RY, TD, BLK, IBM, SU, D)
LOW also added +1/4 to 0.40 position (opened with 1/2 pos end of 2017)
UNH and CVX opened 1/4 each.

>> fenders53 Wrote:
>> I swear this happened last night. Wife made me drop by CVS after work ...

Bad service (perceived) bears potential for impovements and growth ...
(05-02-2019, 05:57 AM)Forticus Wrote: CVS got a refill yesterday, 2/4 to full postion.
8 more up'ed to full or almost (AAPL, SPG, RY, TD, BLK, IBM, SU, D)
LOW also added +1/4 to 0.40 position (opened with 1/2 pos end of 2017)
UNH and CVX opened 1/4 each.

>> fenders53 Wrote:
>> I swear this happened last night.  Wife made me drop by CVS after work ...

Bad service (perceived) bears potential for impovements and growth ...
Working retail for the first time and customer service is EVERYTHING!  Everyone has their good or bad experiences at the local store and draw conclusions.  It's all about the corporate culture and high quality store managers, so most of the stores get it right, or not.  It's the secret to success.
added to BTI, MSFT and MA this morning. I'm starting to slowly add more tech to my portfolio.
Thought about initiating a position in BYND today, but not at these prices.
Initial position in ENB.
Added to SQ this morning.
Also, opened a position in GILD.
Added MMM
(05-03-2019, 11:45 AM)Otter Wrote: Also, opened a position in GILD.

I've given considerable thought to that idea.  I've been lightening up every week for months in my retirement account.  Sold calls on my major positions. I regretted that until this week. My separate retirement fishing boat account I started 18 years ago was only $2K away from the goal.  I got nervous last week and took it to 100% cash.  I'm pretty sure I am psychic this week.  OK not really but I am not confident the trade deal goes smooth enough and I have thought that for months.  Hopefully I dodged some of the bullet.  I think I may be buying again very soon. Can't stay too cashy for long. Just a few presidential tweets away from good times. Smile This may be the most challenging times of my entire investing career short of the tech bubble crash. Notice how the beaten down high div stuff is hanging in their? We got the right idea for tougher times ahead.