Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
added to QCOM this morning. does anyone worry about their debt?
Anyone own Kroger? It’s getting punished this morning. Trading at only
11x next years earnings. The numbers weren’t bad at all. But once again Amazon news of
Squeezing margins. Yet same store sales were up 2%. It’s down $3.59. Anyone
Own the name or buying?
(03-07-2019, 09:18 AM)stockguru Wrote: Anyone own Kroger? It’s getting punished this morning. Trading at only
11x next years earnings. The numbers weren’t bad at all. But once again Amazon news of
Own the name or buying?

Growth has slowed considerably the last few years and guidance is for low single-digit growth this year. It's trading for about 11.4X forward guidance on this morning's pullback, which is fairly attractive against my 14 PE target. That said, even with the pullback it yields just 2.2%, which coupled with mid single-digit growth isn't terribly attractive to me.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Sold WMT and bought XOM. Added to WBA
(03-07-2019, 09:34 AM)EricL Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:18 AM)stockguru Wrote: Anyone own Kroger? It’s getting punished this morning. Trading at only
Own the name or buying?

Growth has slowed considerably the last few years and guidance is for low single-digit growth this year. It's trading for about 11.4X forward guidance on this morning's pullback, which is fairly attractive against my 14 PE target. That said, even with the pullback it yields just 2.2%, which coupled with mid single-digit growth isn't terribly attractive to me.
If Kroger was doing so well, would they be picking a fight they can't win against visa to save on credit card fees?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
(03-07-2019, 05:58 PM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:34 AM)EricL Wrote:
Own the name or buying?

If Kroger was doing so well, would they be picking a fight they can't win against visa to save on credit card fees?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Krogger is working on delivery robots with nvdia and is investing in some futuristic tech. Noones knows if anything good will come out of that but at this point it's not really attractive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Added to my BIP position yesterday

Post here: http://roadmap2retire.com/2019/03/recent-buy-59/
Added to ADM and ORI this morning.
added to GILD
Added to AMGN, BLK, GILD, KO, MO and VFC yesterday.
Closed 26 stocks in one account and opened them 1:1 in a new account under name of my wife, to transfer dividend income to her tax-ID.
Closed O, NNN, WMT, AMZN, TROW, MDT, KIM, BUD, LYB, ADM last week and yesterday, some are back on watch, some are probably gone from my investment universe.
Sold a little IIPR.
I am definitely not exiting completely but it was time to lock in some profits and trim the position to a more suitable size for a speculative stock.
bought BIP and AMGN