Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-26-2019, 09:53 AM)EricL Wrote: Seriously, do you guys ever run out of capital? Do you have weekly contributions coming into the account? Buying in $100 increments?

=)

I stage my purchases over each two week pay period, usually picking one thing to buy when pay hits, and one the following week. I also manually redeploy dividends once they hit (usually directing those proceeds into my Robinhood account, where I can make smaller purchases without commission).
Lol Eric all my money goes into stocks. I never keep any in the bank. I'm not out buying 500 shares of HD. Just 25 for now Wink
When I started DGI a few years ago I had a certain X salary and Y position size. My salary became 4X since, but for very long time Y didn't change, so I ended up with a lot of cashSmile These re good problems, but still - problems. And I'm kind of picky...
Picked up 6 shares of HD for an initial purchase of them. Down for the day and a huge dividend increase made me get my first shares of HD. Also fenders writeup helped with the decision.
(02-26-2019, 12:47 PM)ChadR Wrote: Picked up 6 shares of HD for an initial purchase of them.  Down for the day and a huge dividend increase made me get my first shares of HD.  Also fenders writeup helped with the decision.

Welcome to team orange.  I'll try to help more in the future without being arrested by the SEC. Smile You know I love the company, but be a little patient with this position, or Lowe's. I'll try to do my part and sell another $4000 front door tomorrow lol. Some rich people around here have lost their damn minds fixing up their houses. Smile
Added cvs

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Trimmed some more LLY (generating too high a percentage of income), and added proceeds to SNY (which seems to be right at its 10yr average P/E valuation point right now). Even with the foreign dividend withholding tax, still ~150 basis points better on yield than LLY.
(02-26-2019, 09:53 AM)EricL Wrote: Seriously, do you guys ever run out of capital? Do you have weekly contributions coming into the account? Buying in $100 increments?

=)

Mostly I just shoplift, return the stuff for gift cards because I have no receipt, then sell the cards at the pawn shop.  I intend to meet my portfolio goals one way or the other.

Big Grin

Seriously though, some of these folks seem like they are buying six companies every week, but likely adding to positions was my assumption when they don't state it..
Sold out of my KO, GIS, CHD and NKE positions and trimmed OHI to open new positions in ADP, CMCSA, and UNH and to add to my positions in D and MO.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added to QCOM this morning. Hope it stays in this price range a bit longer, as I'd like to add more.
(02-28-2019, 09:48 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to QCOM this morning. Hope it stays in this price range a bit longer, as I'd like to add more.

Would you consider starting a QCOM thread?  I'd like to hear your investment thesis as you haven't mentioned them many times on the forum.  I haven't followed them at all for 20 years but am aware they are in constant litigation with AAPL etc.
QCOM should be announcing a dividend increase next week as well.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha