Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-20-2018, 04:03 PM)Otter Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 03:52 PM)Binary Wrote: Quite frankly this is one of the best gifts Santa could have brought. All the great opportunities that show up, DGI investors should actually be happy!

Spoiled for choice. Smile

Couldn't help myself and added some SKT and SQ right before the bell.

I'll give you that.  We sure aren't hurting for a list of good ideas now are we?  I think I am going to break down and do like Cousin Otter.  Just start buying the entire S&P 500 that yields at least 3%.  That might be about 300 stocks before the end of the week lol. Smile  Seriously though, I am about to just buy small positions of most every stock on my wish list.  I admit I don't like it when a new a position is down $1000 in market cap a week later.  I don't get scared and sell, but you guys can't shame me into pretending I'm happy watching my retirement account vaporize.  Smile
I don't know guys, I don't know. Sure, there are some good opportunities out there right now... I agree with that.
But I have a feeling that this correction is far from over.

And with that, I think this might be better moved to a new thread, this is the "I bought X" thread.
I'll go ahead and start a "strategies for this correction" thread where we can go a bit more into details about this topic.
Started a position in LMT. Also added to AAPL and EV this morning.
HON for today
More FB
Added LMT and XOM.
Started a GIS position today.
Thought I posted.. but looks like I didn't. :p
Added to T and TD.to on Friday.
Added some T, AAPL and sold a GIS put. Merry Christmas to all.
This market sell off is all a scheme to impeach trump nothing more!!

Anyone added to MO and GOOG, and FDX
Did some last-minute Xmas shopping this morning for some gifts for my future self and progeny: XOM, T, GOOG, GIS, and BUD!

Stockguru -- I almost added more MO, but I've got a ton of it already, and sold a put that is likely to be exercised (at $52.50!), so I held off. If it goes down much more, though, I probably won't be able to resist. Also, I had a dream last that MO went down to $37. Make of that what you will!
Couldn't resist some AAPL here. Increased my position by 50%. Another 50% ready to be deployed if it somehow hits $120 or there abouts.