Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-18-2018, 03:06 PM)fenders53 Wrote: They weren't timid with that drop in price target.

Anybody else ready for a break from these daily buying opportunities in just about everything? Stock selection will matter in the end, but it sure doesn't seem like it does this month/quarter. Yeah I'm just whining. Smile
I selfishly am hoping it continues through the first half of next year. I haven't bought much and been holding cash in preparation for a major overseas move in the spring.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Like I said I am just whining. I'm only down about 5% since OCT 1, but I have some individual stocks that are absolutely hammered. I have a fairly significant crash fund. I was hoping to just leave it in something boring like a bond. I think the FED is determined to not let this just be a correction instead of a bear market. We may have a long time to buy low. Somebody please start a thread when we are at the bottom. Smile
(12-19-2018, 04:35 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I think the FED is determined to not let this just be a correction instead of a bear market.

The media and the orange man like to make big headlines about all of this. But they have their own agendas and reasons for doing what they do, we all know that.

The FED's monetary policy has three main objectives. 
1.maximizing employment
2. stabilizing prices (controlling inflation/deflation)
3. moderating long-term interest rates

Nowhere does it say that the sp500 index is their responsibility. They should not be, and I certainly hope they aren't, concerned with where the indexes are. It's simply not their job to keep investors happy, it's their job to keep the system working.
The fed can care less about the market. That's clear. But the economy is not as rosy as they claim it to be. Just wait until 2019-2020 when we go into a rescission. And all those people who have credit card debt, will be further in the hole. With rising interest rates comes more credit card fees.

There is blood in the streets. All those 21-30 year olds think this is a get rich market. Not the case is it now lol

The ripoff is how inflated the US stock market is. the DJI went from 18,000-26,000 in 2 years??? A little unheard of if you ask me. This is a market correction. All of these shares are inflated and it makes perfect sense why they're all dropping.

Like I said a few months ago. AAPL is headed to new lows. But Apple will always thrive... I tell people all the time!~~ Stop trying to turn a big profit quickly and hold long term. Buffet finally buys tech and he gets burned. Who would have thought lol. But its only on paper. In 3-5 years we will see how it turns out.

I'm losing big on some names as well. But I'm well diversified so my utilities have helped with the big losses from AAPL, HD and MA.
Just bought a little more T. Yield up over 7 percent now.
Added T and XOM
Sold a Jan 25, 2019 $7 GE put today. Expecting it to expire worthless as I think GE doesn't go much lower.
Computer selling! Robots are controlling this market now lol. At this rate I will be able to pick up more T next week at $25 lol

Added a little LMT
I added to AAPL, BEP, QCOM, and UPS today.
Bought some XOM
Quite frankly this is one of the best gifts Santa could have brought. All the great opportunities that show up, DGI investors should actually be happy!
(12-20-2018, 03:52 PM)Binary Wrote: Quite frankly this is one of the best gifts Santa could have brought. All the great opportunities that show up, DGI investors should actually be happy!

Spoiled for choice. Smile

Couldn't help myself and added some SKT and SQ right before the bell.