Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added a few HD shares down $9. I bought in at much higher levels so wanted to $ cost average.
Added some more KMB today.
(10-17-2018, 10:42 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added a few HD shares down $9. I bought in at much higher levels so wanted to $ cost average.

Nice. Looks to be fairly valued at the moment, based on historical average P/E ratio. Have added this to my watch list, alongside LOW.

Am also intrigued by LEG, which is in a line of business that feels many of the same market pressures as HD/LOW, and appears to be entering solid value territory.
HD will be good longterm. I took an initial position last week at $195 and thought I was getting a deal. Smile It may struggle until we have evidence housing starts are not falling off a cliff like the market seems to be assuming for now.
Sold out of my position in BT for a small gain. Did not like the dividend freeze through 2020 (even at 6% yield), or BBB credit rating. Redeployed the funds to FRT. Between T and VZ, I have enough invested in telecoms.
bought more CSCO today. They're projecting mid-teen's FCF growth and they've got a 20% profit margin ($10B income on $50B revenue).
Added HD.
Does anyone on Micron (MU)? It's at 4x earnings and 7x cash. Wondering if I'm missing something.
(10-18-2018, 04:32 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Does anyone on Micron (MU)?  It's at 4x earnings and 7x cash.  Wondering if I'm missing something.

One of the few times I will say completely ignore the PE because the "E" part will likely change in 2019.  Head on over to Seeking Alpha and other sites and listen to the bulls try to rationalize that it's surely different this time for MU and AMD.  Then have a look at 20 year charts and decide for yourself.  Semis and memory are highly cyclical and we are likely near the end of this cycle.  It's always been boom and bust like oil.  MU is a great company but if you believe the bulls argument then dip your toe in the pool lightly.  MU is not going to run away from you IMO.   When the cycle troughs you'd swear they are about to go out of business.   CAPEX to enter market is huge so they won't.  They aren't going away but it is usually painful to watch and the downturn is not brief.
Bought more ITW and opened WHR
Purchased ABT and BAC . Actually, I allowed a couple puts to expire in the money so I will be assigned shares Monday.
Bouth ABBV and TXN. On radar: INGR, APD, BLK, ETN