Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
bought some BRK/B. I know, not a DGI company, but I have a couple of exceptions - GOOGL and BRK.B. All others pay dividends.
Used pooled dividends this week to add: BRK/B, JNJ, AAPL, DIS, V, MA, DFS, & KHC.
(07-03-2018, 04:41 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: bought some BRK/B.  I know, not a DGI company, but I have a couple of exceptions - GOOGL and BRK.B.  All others pay dividends.

Have you ever looked at MKL or CACC? Neither pays a dividend.
Bought some MCD this morning for my son.
added to T
Wednesday:
closed GWW and took proceeds to open MMM
opended JNJ
closed NSRGY (Nestle), primarily because of the 35% Swiss tax withholding
added to BRK.B

About two years ago I implemented S&P CR ratings to filter for buys, with A- as a minimum and BBB+ for exceptions. Meanwhile my holdings T, CVS and GIS are down to BBB, so I guess I should not add, although several Fair Value indicators suggest strong add. On the other hand, KHC was upgraded from BBB- to BBB. So in my table I put it from "watch" to "consider".
Who said "understand your rules, then break them" ?
Added to AXP, AMP, and AMNF.
Added to OXY and VLO
More T, more JNJ.
Good buy on JNJ. I added a few myself. Earnings tomorrow. Lets hope we shoot up past $127 with a good report.
(07-16-2018, 11:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: Good buy on JNJ. I added a few myself. Earnings tomorrow. Lets hope we shoot up past $127 with a good report.

Yeah I figured this was a decent time to buy more. I'm actually not a big fan of buying before earnings, especially now when the expectations are sky high. However I'm very happy to buy at these prices and hold for (hopefully) 30 or 40 years, especially when I'm not seeing that many other buys out there.

Who knows where we will go tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that in a couple of decades I'll be happy with this buy.
(I remember posting something very similar about RTN at $115 a few years ago)
Got to buy the good ones when there down right lol. Just like WBA and CVS too.