Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Surprised no one else has been.  I have some limit orders but just missed on a few.  Need a few more down days and I'll post.
Added to my OAK position
I'll be making a purchase in my wife's ROTH for my final ROTH contribution before the deadline next week. Would like for tomorrow and next week to be down days.
I initiated positions in SPY, IWM, QQQ and DIA today. All fully DRIP and on set it + forget it mode "forever".

I love a lot of companies but many are perpetually out of my buy-criteria-zone. Stuff like GS, JPM, V, DIS, NVDA ...

And having exposure to stuff like AMZN, FB, GOOGL, NFLX, ADBE, BRK.B and many, many others is something I am personally OK with. Lots of overlap but I've been thinking about this for a long time and finally put one foot in front of the other.

For those who have been piling up cash, when will you start your buys?

This is just a question out of interest, I'm more or less in the "invest X dollars per month" club though if we get 20% down from the previous highs then I'll probably start moving capital from my house fund to my investment account.
(04-06-2018, 09:42 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: For those who have been piling up cash, when will you start your buys?

This is just a question out of interest, I'm more or less in the "invest X dollars per month" club though if we get 20% down from the previous highs then I'll probably start moving capital from my house fund to my investment account.

Interesting question enough that it should probably have its on thread. For me it depends, we have 5 investment accounts: two company sponsored kplans, ROTH, Traditional IRA and a brokerage account. My wife's kplan is set to auto-pilot with bi-weekly contributions with all capital gains and divi's reinvested--barely look at it due to very limited choices--we ride the tides of the market and it's not the end of the world. My kplan averages 20 to 25% cash that gets deployed periodically in small down turns, sometimes those down turns are missed for various reasons, all the capital gains and divi's are reinvested. The brokerage, ROTH and IRA accounts receive all divi's in cash and deployed whenever I feel like it, usually when I have about 2 to 3k to invest limiting trading fees.

I guess I fall into the category of investing along the way no matter what the market is doing. I tend to look at it as a market of stocks not a stock market...who said dat? Tongue Big Grin Cool

Not sure if I'd dip into my cash reserves if there was a big correction--I like having that emergency fund.
I added some WFC, D, and CVS this morning. I am waiting on other stocks to see if they come down more. Lots on my buy list, but very few $ left to spend lol
Picked up 21 more shares of O this morning. On Monday I put in a limit order of $51.66 (the most shares I could get with the cash in my wife's account) and had forgotten about it. Got lucky and it went through this morning. Now sitting on 176 shares between 3 different accounts. I think I might be done buying O for now.
I added a few more D shares today. Its now my largest position at 300 shares. That brings my annual dividend payment out to $1,000.02 a year. Has anyone else been adding to this name down here?
Congrats on getting into 4 digits with dividends from one stock. It's high on my to buy list, but no money currently.
I have been adding as well to D but unlike SO and DUK it still continues to go down which is very concerning.  But I have been buying all 3.  Was adding to KMB, T, UPS, and PG last week.
Good add Ryan. And D now has a 5% yield.