Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-22-2018, 09:48 AM)stockguru Wrote: We bought ABBV this morning. We researched this one a few weeks back and got it on sale today. 15 Shares. Its a start Wink

Nice timing!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Nice buy on ABBV. You will be happy in 6 months. Just another over reaction in the market.

I added a few more shares of CMCSA to my kids portfolio today. It's a strong buy down here.

VZ on my watch list. If it hits $45 I'm in for more.
Boy, stocks sure on sale today.
I bought a few today.

10 shares of UPS - 104.45
16 shares of RDS.A - 62.38
20 shares of XOM - 73.60
22 shares of D - 67.99
20 shares of PG @ 76.70

Might keep buying more.  Also looking at KMB, VZ, T, DUK, SO.
Went long in ABBV yesterday @ 97.75
Picked up an additional 14 shares of XOM this morning.
additional shares of VTR and MO
Geeze AT&T (T) couldn't even even close in the green on a 600+ point day. It's officially a dog lol. OHI and KMI in same boat. SMH
(03-20-2018, 03:56 PM)lucas03 Wrote: Bought CVS today at 63 (I started buying at $85.30, bought some more on $74 and $73), it has highest cost basis from all my stocks, -15% XIRR. Hope I won't need to buy anymore and can call this full position Tongue

lucas03, Best of luck with CVS. What % of portfolio do you consider a full position?

I started building a position in CVS 1.4 years ago on weakness.  Initial entry at $74.99 on 11/9/16.  Have profitably and aggressively traded it while building a position over time.  Current portfolio % is .74% with a 3% target for a full position.  Trading income to date is about 10x greater than the dividend income.  Last two purchases were $73.95 on 2/6/18 and $61.11 on 3/26/18.  Next buy target is < $55 and sell target for last partial position is $69/share.

M$$I
> lucas03, Best of luck with CVS. What % of portfolio do you consider a full position?

Thanks, I don't have a specific % as full position, I just started buying dividend growth stocks 2 years ago. I do not have maximum stock count limit as of now as well and do not pay too much attention to portfolio diversification. I'll probably start soon, but as of now,
just buying stocks I like. My purchase fee is 0.5$ which allows me to do more purchases.

CVS is 5,7% of my porfolio now, that is quite high and that is why I said I might consider it as a full position from now on Smile GL with your buys too!
Added to D and CVX this morning. Sold out of MRK to cover the proceeds. Been holding that one for 8 years and has done nothing lol
No one bought in the last week? I guess everyone is tapped out lol