Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-09-2018, 11:20 AM)stockguru Wrote: I bought 15 shares on TJX. Love the stores lol. Someone mentioned that name earlier here and I decided its corrected a bit off the highs to purchase.

I don't know THO. Is it a good one to own at these levels? What about MA or AXP?  I'm always spending money so Wink

Hi Jen, I love TJX and its sibling ROST. Unfortunately,we have no ROST stores in my area so TJX is my go to when looking for housewares. Keep adding on pullbacks and let that low yield compound by dripping for a few years and you'll be quite happy.

Unfortunately, I sold it out of my wife's portfolio for a 40% gain coming out of the Great Recession. At least I hung on to ROST.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Added RDS.

Still have a little more ammo left for this month... JNJ, PEP and TD are ones that I'm thinking of adding.
Well I did grab some JNJ. And decided to split my Canadian dollars between CM and TD.
I took a new position today. in LDOS. I expect big things going forward with this defense name. I don't think many know this name but you should lol. I sold the rest of my LORL holdings to fund the proceeds.
More $WEC ... 80% full position now

My hubby and I decided to buy D this morning at $71.38. Only 25 shares but that gives us $83.80 annually so happy with that.

Our dividend portfolio now consists of JNJ, KSS, D, MCD, M, YUM, CVS, XOM, and TJX

We still have about $2300 to spend. Looking to buy some tech like stocks. Maybe a CSCO, INTC or TXN. Any seems like good buys at this timer?
(03-15-2018, 11:10 AM)stockguru Wrote: My hubby and I decided to buy D this morning at $71.38. Only 25 shares but that gives us $83.80 annually so happy with that.

Our dividend portfolio now consists of JNJ, KSS, D, MCD, M, YUM, CVS, XOM, and TJX

We still have about $2300 to spend. Looking to buy some tech like stocks. Maybe a CSCO, INTC or TXN. Any seems like good buys at this timer?

I also doubled my D position today.
Bought my first few shares of AT&T (T) today Smile
Bought CVS today at 63 (I started buying at $85.30, bought some more on $74 and $73), it has highest cost basis from all my stocks, -15% XIRR. Hope I won't need to buy anymore and can call this full position Tongue
Good buy Lucas on CVS. I added today as well on at $61.90. Stock is dirt cheap at a 9 PE now. It reminds me of TGT when it was this low and went up 50%.

There are lots of good buys in this market right now.

D, MO, CVS, WBA, VZ, CMCSA, JNJ, XOM, PFE and DIS are just a few names.
We bought ABBV this morning. We researched this one a few weeks back and got it on sale today. 15 Shares. Its a start Wink
Added to T. A few uncertainties but at a 5.50% yield, it's hard to skip this one.