Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bouth BEN today for the first time.
So what stocks are on your buy list?

I'm looking at SBUX, AEP, and JNJ
I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.
(02-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Rasec Wrote: I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.

I did buy some GE last week.
(02-12-2018, 10:49 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Rasec Wrote: I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.

I did buy some GE last week.

WPC, HRL, APD, CM, PEP, D, GIS, PG, SBUX, PM. Short list, right?Smile
I bought some SBUX. This at this price its a steal. I will wait on AEP. I think utilities are in for some more pain.
Been adding for the last 4 trading days. Today added additional shares of ALL and WBA to my portfolios. Last week added DIA, SPY, C, AMZN, AXP, KO, MSFT, PG, WM, CAH, MCD, AAPL, JNJ, XOM, CVX. Also added AEE last week (2/6/18) at $52.45, and sold this AM at $54.70. Will sell one partial position of MSFT purchased last week at $86.63 after the x-div date (2/14/18) at a target sell price of >$90/share.

Holding all stock positons long term and trading periodically. Swing trading and trend trading as well as long term holdings of primarily Dividend Achievers and Dividend Aristocrats.

M$$I
(02-06-2018, 04:20 PM)ronn38 Wrote: Bought IMBBY full position (3% of portfolio), added to D and SO (bringing both to a full 3%). I shoulda, coulda, woulda jumped on MAIN, WBK and IRM--but I kept waiting for a better buy in...

Oh well, next time ;-)

Ronn

Ronn,  I limit my single stock exposure (full position) to 3% also.  That's what I'm comfortable with also.

M$$I
Bought some SO today. I don't like this sector and think more pain is ahead but with a yield of over 5% now I figured I can wait it out.

What about all those who bought OHI and O in recent weeks. Both hit a new 52 week low today!
Anyone liking PEP at $109 level?
I reshuffled a few names. Trimmed positions in RF, TSN, MON and EL and took new positions in CVS, PSX, SHW and UPS.

I nearly doubled the names I trimmed but kept enough in each name that is now all profit. CVS and UPS to me are great long term buys at these levels and hope to double those as well in 5 years lol. SHW is name I have liked for a long time and could never get in. So I get better yield and a better payout now in the new names.
(02-14-2018, 01:34 PM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone liking PEP at $109 level?

yup