Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-07-2018, 11:33 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 09:52 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Well, today at open I hedged a small part of my portfolio. So, seeing as my timing is always the worst possible, now all of you can go back to enjoying the SP500 heading back to all time highs.

You're welcome guys.

As I said, you're welcome guys.

I couldn't bare to lose the cash anymore so I closed the position.. so this is the time when you start to need to worry about a downward trend again.

=====
How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

I'm going to take a few positions in some 52 week lows today. SO, APA, and O.
Bouth BEN today for the first time.
So what stocks are on your buy list?

I'm looking at SBUX, AEP, and JNJ
I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.
(02-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Rasec Wrote: I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.

I did buy some GE last week.
(02-12-2018, 10:49 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Rasec Wrote: I'd add to that list: MRK, XOM, HSY, DIS. I'd probably even be crazy enough to buy some GE to ACD.

I did buy some GE last week.

WPC, HRL, APD, CM, PEP, D, GIS, PG, SBUX, PM. Short list, right?Smile
I bought some SBUX. This at this price its a steal. I will wait on AEP. I think utilities are in for some more pain.
Been adding for the last 4 trading days. Today added additional shares of ALL and WBA to my portfolios. Last week added DIA, SPY, C, AMZN, AXP, KO, MSFT, PG, WM, CAH, MCD, AAPL, JNJ, XOM, CVX. Also added AEE last week (2/6/18) at $52.45, and sold this AM at $54.70. Will sell one partial position of MSFT purchased last week at $86.63 after the x-div date (2/14/18) at a target sell price of >$90/share.

Holding all stock positons long term and trading periodically. Swing trading and trend trading as well as long term holdings of primarily Dividend Achievers and Dividend Aristocrats.

M$$I
(02-06-2018, 04:20 PM)ronn38 Wrote: Bought IMBBY full position (3% of portfolio), added to D and SO (bringing both to a full 3%). I shoulda, coulda, woulda jumped on MAIN, WBK and IRM--but I kept waiting for a better buy in...

Oh well, next time ;-)

Ronn

Ronn,  I limit my single stock exposure (full position) to 3% also.  That's what I'm comfortable with also.

M$$I