Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I'm already hearing rumblings of another dividend cut for GE, so I think there could be further downside ahead.

I still own it in my son's ESA, so I'm hoping it comes back, but I think it is going to take some time and is far from a sure thing.

What a horribly mismanaged company. I can't imagine how many billions its spent on share repurchases in recent years, it should have been fixing the balance sheet and pension obligations instead.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-19-2018, 04:18 PM)EricL Wrote: What a horribly mismanaged company. I can't imagine how many billions its spent on share repurchases in recent years, it should have been fixing the balance sheet and pension obligations instead.

Completely agree.  They've botched this company so badly.  They had a free reset when the cut the dividend a decade ago for the recession, and they've just utterly blown it.
Added a little bit of PEP and JNJ.
Bought a few Realty Income (O) shares today, lowering average cost, increasing monthly payout Smile
JNJ getting hit hard today. Down over $5. Buying opportunity or wait for under $140?
(01-23-2018, 12:27 PM)divmenow Wrote: JNJ getting hit hard today. Down over $5. Buying opportunity or wait for under $140?

For the long term, is there a point in time when JNJ is not a buy? :p

I don't really know why people are selling so much, the report was ok apart from the massive tax related one time thing. I guess expectations for everything are high right now so that might be part of the reason.
O, JNJ, PG at these levels.
I added to my TXN holdings at the open. Will probably take a position in ALLY today as well. Great little company which was a spin-off of GM. They already raised the dividend after not being a public company for all that long. I suggest you all take a look at this company. I think it has a chance of hitting $45 by late 2018.
I bought 35 AAPL in my 5 year olds account today. It's the perfects stock to own for the next 20+ years and I got it on sale. All this negativity surrounding X sales. I love my Iphone X and I see this as a just another dip to buy.

That brings my sons portfolio to 8 stocks now. My goal is 10 names.

His 8 holding are

AAPL
V
UTX
NSC
DIS
ABT
MSFT
JNJ

I will add 2 more names as the year goes on. Just not sure what 2 names yet. There's too many to list lol. But I will say CAT is getting interesting here since the selloff.
Sold out of my position in DPS and opened new positions in MKC and HRL with the proceeds.
Nice Eric. HRL is a name I like and it has sold off where this was a good entry point.
I don't know that MKC or HRL are screaming bargains by any means, but they seem reasonably priced.

Sold DPS for a 180% gain in under 5 years holding period, so it treated me well!

I end with a tad more income from the MKC/HRL combo, and I think both should give 8%+ dividend growth going forward. So they should meet my goal of >10% annual income growth with reinvestment of dividends.