Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Thanks.
This added dividends worth 1/2 month of expenses to the retirement portfolio, took a week or two to polish the shopping list.
Now 41 tickers in the portfolio, up from 14 in Dec'16. In June I switched from buying full postions to 1/2 and 1/4.

Nestle: I thought about buying in Frankfurt or Zurich. But they keep a lot of taxes. I hope, Interactivebrokers will keep just 15% from RDA/RDS.
Annual dividend: not nice, but our family lives on an annual budget, so we will handle that.
MO/PM: Credit Rating, CCC and debt inclined the dice.
Forticus, if I recall correctly you live in Europe?
right, about 20 min drive from Dortmund
(11-30-2017, 10:43 AM)Forticus Wrote: Thanks.
This added dividends worth 1/2 month of expenses to the retirement portfolio, took a week or two to polish the shopping list.
Now 41 tickers in the portfolio, up from 14 in Dec'16. In June I switched from buying full postions to 1/2 and 1/4.

Nestle: I thought about buying in Frankfurt or Zurich. But they keep a lot of taxes. I hope, Interactivebrokers will keep just 15% from RDA/RDS.
Annual dividend: not nice, but our family lives on an annual budget, so we will handle that.
MO/PM: Credit Rating, CCC and debt inclined the dice.

(11-30-2017, 12:15 PM)Forticus Wrote: right, about 20 min drive from Dortmund

I was under the impression that there was only a 15% withholding for RDS.A shares and none for the RDS.B.  I own RDS.B in my traditional and Roth IRA's but if I select to reinvest I would be given the A shares so I just take the cash.  I own RDS.A in my taxable but with the removal of the scrip dividend I am uncertain which class is better to own now.
I added to AMT, MO, and CP today. These are stocks I will never sell. These are for my kids college fun 18 years from now lol
I almost sold everything early last week and cashed out but was too lazy... in the meanwhile I've "made" an additional $10k. This market is insane!

Hope that it can sustain at least until the end of this month. Then it can have it's deserved correction so you folks can go get your sales!
People said to sell everything 2 years ago and look at us now lol. One thing is you can never time the market. If you get out, you may not be able to get back in. Just look at the rotation taking place now. Out of tech and into value and tax reform related stocks. Look at the moves in TGT, NKE, WMT, BAC, DE, CAT and some other names. But people will rotate back into tech in the coming days because the growth is better. This is why you need to be well diversified into many sectors.
Added to AMAT. I originally thought I had enough of AMAT but come on now, below $50? Had to buy a small batch.
I will be selling most of my stocks in January. With rising interest rates, the new tax laws that will affect the middle class, I can see the market correcting itself real soon. I may be wrong but my hunch I am right.
quote myself from my today's comment in Chowders comment stream (SA blog: Psychology of the Market):

- - -

Last page of the orderbook for 2017 as of today:

Sold the double position of CEF [=ticker], as part of the plan to raise the DGI part of the portfolio to 90%. Remaing 10% with allowance for gambling, doghouse, greenhouse, or DGI without D such as BRK.B.

Added to SU, RY, TD, CSCO, ABBV, AMGN, SPG.
All of them do have a high yield of above 2.9% and their most recent dividend increases or announcements [MRIA] are above 9%, high yield and high growth, Class I.

Added to IBM, high yield and low MRIA, Class II for income.
Added to LOW, low yield and high MRIA, Class III for growth.
Added to MCD, low yield and low MRIA, Class IV for I'm lovin' it,
My table shows MCD among the most highly valued stocks - and yes, I really value it.
Also, I do have a tiny suspicion that it is turning back from an income stock into a growth stock.

All those buys dedicated 10% of the portfolio to an income with an all over weighted yield of 3.0% and MRIA of 10.5%.

Non-DGI postions in the portfolio are BRK.B with 3% and cash with 0.1%.
New deposits will be send Jan 2nd, 2018 to the broker.

Lucky as I was in July 2015, today I might have bought again on an all time high for the next 12 months. But. I. Bought.

Orderbook of 2017 closed.
Bamm!
The back side of the book reads:
Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2018, especially health!
I added to SBUX and HON today.
Bought UNIT and added some more CIM today.