Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-07-2017, 12:16 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Sold half of my QCOM holdings.  Not sure if they will be bought or not, but took advantage of the "buy the rumor" pop.  I've been getting more and more nervous about QCOM lately.

Can you share why?
(11-07-2017, 12:43 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 12:16 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Sold half of my QCOM holdings.  Not sure if they will be bought or not, but took advantage of the "buy the rumor" pop.  I've been getting more and more nervous about QCOM lately.

Can you share why?

Not OP but I think this article covers the issues well. Like a lot of companies, QCOM needs to diversify its revenue streams and reduce dependence on large share partners. 

My hope is that the AAPL issue is just a shakedown to get lower licensing costs. I read the latest ER transcript ( the day before the AVGO news broke ) and the QCOM execs are very good at talking without saying anything. 

The future is murky but I'm holding. I'm diversified enough that the QCOM bumps over the last two years really don't register and I look forward to having skin in the game especially if AVGO ends up bidding 80+ and I get cash and AVGO, a fine dividend partner, shares.

(11-07-2017, 12:43 PM)Rasec Wrote:

Can you share why?

Not liking the growth opportunities, I feel like the debt is getting too high, although they do have nice cash flows and cash reserves, not comfortable with how Apple is pushing them around.  Just general nervousness, nothing specific, but I want to sleep well at night.  I only sold half but will keep the other half probably forever.
(11-08-2017, 11:10 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: I only sold half but will keep the other half probably forever.

That being said, I have no idea where to put those funds to work.  Any thoughts/suggestions?
I added to SKT today.

Regarding QCOM. If they turned down a $70 offer, that means they think their company is worth lots more. Probably $80-$85. But with the pop why not sell half like you said.
Buying more $TXN

within last couple of months took a small profit in CALM and rolled it into MO on the drop

been adding to VZ here and there since it's yielding 5% plus

been dripping all retirement accounts since the 3rd qtr and will continue till the new year comes around

Oh...i knew i forgot something...been acquiring QCOM thru this negative aapl/qcom/china news...while not exactly happy how the top echelon at qcom has reacted and getting fined bucco bucks i do like the company and the dividend was ridiculously high for a tech company. Of course with this Broadcom news, it put a little dent in acquiring more shares of qcom thru all this negativity. I see a lot of growth opportunities due to this 5G integration within the communication sector. With the price increase of qcom i'll probably start adding to my csco position.
(11-12-2017, 11:06 AM)rayray Wrote: within last couple of months took a small profit in CALM and rolled it into MO on the drop

Just double checking but CALM hasn't paid a dividend since early 2016 correct?

At least...they pay 1/3 of the profits to the shareholders but they have to have two consecutive quarters of profits B4 they do that....when it's paid it's a nice Divi....I didn't abandon the stock completely, I'll buy it again if it has a nice drop from the 40's but decided to sell out and go MO
I'm taking a big gamble here but something tells me FL is going to beat earnings tomorrow and short squeeze will take it to $38+. There is so much negativity around this stock. But with a PE of 7 and a yield of almost 4% its worth a buy. If they have anything positive to say tomorrow after earnings this stock will go up.

Anyone going in with me lol
Wow FL up $7 in pre-market. Nice!
(11-17-2017, 07:25 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow FL up $7 in pre-market. Nice!

Nice call.