Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-03-2017, 09:44 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Something is wrong here. I'm always AWFUL at timing the market.
Recently I've managed to grab great deals in T (before the report), LOW (right after that amazon over reaction) and yesterday I figured that I'll increase my UBNT holding before the results come out. Up around 23% today.

Next a meteor will probably fall on my head, that would be more my luck.

Kudos on striking it 3 in a ROW... Let us know what you buy next (the moment you do it) :-)
(08-03-2017, 10:25 AM)saimash Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 09:44 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Something is wrong here. I'm always AWFUL at timing the market.
Recently I've managed to grab great deals in T (before the report), LOW (right after that amazon over reaction) and yesterday I figured that I'll increase my UBNT holding before the results come out. Up around 23% today.

Next a meteor will probably fall on my head, that would be more my luck.

Kudos on striking it 3 in a ROW... Let us know what you buy next (the moment you do it) :-)

I thought T was really good value at those prices. I was almost sure that LOW was a big over reaction by the market. This one? Pure luck.

Well actually yesterday I was joking to a friend of mine, telling him that he better short UBNT with everything he has because my luck is never this good so it's bound to fail. Good thing it was just a joke and he didn't take it seriously. Big Grin
Follow the leader lol. I think you and I bought LOW and T just about the same day. I however follow UBNT but never pulled the trigger. Damn lol

BTW. What do you think about CAKE? I eat there all the time and love the food. Stock is at a 52 week low today and looks interesting at these levels.

TEVA another one. Hasn't seen these lows since 2004. Company has all kind of issues but the dividend is now at 5.70%
(08-03-2017, 12:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: Follow the leader lol. I think you and I bought LOW and T just about the same day. I however follow UBNT but never pulled the trigger. Damn lol

BTW. What do you think about CAKE? I eat there all the time and love the food. Stock is at a 52 week low today and looks interesting at these levels.

TEVA another one. Hasn't seen these lows since 2004. Company has all kind of issues but the dividend is now at 5.70%

I love bottom feeding and have done ok in the past (although have been burnt lately with LB brands, and Rite Aid due to the Walgreens deal going kaput).

Hearing mixed reviews on TEVA although really tempted to jump in... Put an Order for 100 shares @ 20$ (would love to pick up some at those levels).
Just bought 100 shares of AMC @ 15$ today... They have a fairly decent dividend.
Again I may be on a spiral down trail...  We'll see !!!
CAKE I haven't looked into.
TEVA, I did think about it a while ago but decided against it. Too many issues. And if I recall correctly (my internet is way too slow today to even think about checking) during the past years they have had declining revenue and EPS, the second one especially being a big no-no for me.
Bought AAOI. I know doesn't pay a dividend but its getting smacked today on a big earnings beat and has a great valuation. Next quarter will be back on track. Been following this one for a while and finally got in after down $32 lol
I bought DAL, NEE and PM today. Sold out of ROK and PCG.
Adding to Disney.
(08-11-2017, 09:25 AM)Rasec Wrote: Adding to Disney.

I thought about this too.
I really like their plans of creating their own streaming platform, it should work especially well with sports (ESPN) but it would also be the go to service platform for families with kids. And of course there will be a lot for adults to enjoy there too.

However.
Declining revenues on multiple fronts.
They used an amount that would equal to about 75% of their free cashflow for share buybacks.... and even with this they still managed a YOY decrease in EPS.
The park business was basically the only thing that kept that quarterly report from being a disaster.

I'll keep following disney. I like the content that they have and as I said, I think their own streaming platform is the way to go. However I need a lower shareprice or a better quarterly report before I press the buy button.
I have Dis on my buy list as well but not until it gets in the $90's. I like that fact they be streaming their own movies and everything in the vault. But ESPN has been the downfall and it seems to be the only thing analysts care about these days! But DIS should bounce back over time and its a great long term hold.
Forgot to mention that I bought D for my son's ESA on Tuesday.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-11-2017, 10:52 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:25 AM)Rasec Wrote: Adding to Disney.

I thought about this too.
I really like their plans of creating their own streaming platform, it should work especially well with sports (ESPN) but it would also be the go to service platform for families with kids. And of course there will be a lot for adults to enjoy there too.

However.
Declining revenues on multiple fronts.
They used an amount that would equal to about 75% of their free cashflow for share buybacks.... and even with this they still managed a YOY decrease in EPS.
The park business was basically the only thing that kept that quarterly report from being a disaster.

I'll keep following disney. I like the content that they have and as I said, I think their own streaming platform is the way to go. However I need a lower shareprice or a better quarterly report before I press the buy button.

https://ycharts.com/companies/DIS/pe_ratio

It's not the greatest P/E ever, but it's far from being the worst either!