Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Rasec, thanks for waking me up.
I added to CSCO and saw that I opened on May 18 last year. Must be a pattern ... ;-)

It was also the third time that I added to a stock. Starts to become fun.
What's with all the popularity with CSCO today lol. That company doesn't impress me at all that much. Seven straight quarters of negative top-line growth now. It's old tech and not much as far as growth. My question is why not just buy VZ , T, GE or even PFE that pay a higher dividend and are down more off the highs? Just curious.
(05-18-2017, 07:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: What's with all the popularity with CSCO today lol. That company doesn't impress me at all that much. Seven straight quarters of negative top-line growth now. It's old tech and not much as far as growth. My question is why not just buy VZ , T, GE or even PFE that pay a higher dividend and are down more off the highs? Just curious.
There's space on my portfolio for all of them
FL on a big sale today. I took a small position and also added to NKE and DIS
(05-19-2017, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote: FL on a big sale today. I took a small position and also added to NKE and DIS

I'm considering opening a position here. 

Does anyone know what happened with the dividends in 1994-2004?

https://dividata.com/stock/FL/dividend
(05-19-2017, 11:49 AM)Rasec Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote: FL on a big sale today. I took a small position and also added to NKE and DIS

I'm considering opening a position here. 

Does anyone know what happened with the dividends in 1994-2004?

https://dividata.com/stock/FL/dividend

I dont know but they have consistently grew there dividend since then. From about .7 cents to .31 cents now.
More LOW yesterday after the big reaction. Good time to grab some more.

Also grabbed some more WFC last week for a more short term position.
Took my first position in HPQ today. Great earnings and I was able to get in at $18.45 after the sell off. On top of that it pays a nice dividend of 2.87%. With a PE of 12 it looks very cheap here.
Opened Hormel today
I did the same thing and picked up 23 shares of Hormel for a initial investment.
Added to OHI and MSFT
Went shopping yesterday, ~$1k in each:

ADM
TGT
IBM
DOW
T
VZ
GE
XOM