Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Oh wow, just it, what's the news?
[/quote]

Earnings came in way below estimates.
[/quote]
I didn't even look yet but I assume the opiod litigation is a drag for awhile?  I could be uninformed for sure.

Intend to trim some smaller positions today to clean up the port. They flew fast since last fall and just not going to add without a huge dip. Right or wrong it will be more manageable. Fighting hard to have more positions than I can track with at last a modest amount of DD. Just one of my rules and I don't think it's terrible idea.
New positions in HUM and CI - First time owing these names. Like I have been saying. Not really looking to add new names to my portfolio unless the market crushes a good name for no reason lol. I'm just trolling the biggest losers and scoping up some if there on my buy list. That's been my strategy or late Wink

Also added to MED
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(08-06-2021, 12:14 PM)divmenow Wrote: New positions in HUM and CI - First time owing these names. Like I have been saying. Not really looking to add new names to my portfolio unless the market crushes a good name for no reason lol. I'm just trolling the biggest losers and scoping up some if there on my buy list. That's been my strategy or late Wink

Also added to MED
It's been an effective strategy for some time now as long as the company isn't junk longterm.
Sold some more company stock; next week's targets:
- new position in PFE
- new position in one of the 4%ers: PRU, LYB or CM
- increase other existing holdings.
(08-06-2021, 02:48 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Sold some more company stock; next week's targets:
- new position in PFE
- new position in one of the 4%ers: PRU, LYB or CM
- increase other existing holdings.

On second thought, I'm going to double/triple down on RIO.  They're doing amazing, and the ex-div date is Thursday.  Yield is up over 8% and their rating improved to Strong Buy.
I would be cautious chasing PFE with much money here. Sure their revenues will be amazing for 2021/22 but it's a hard act to follow. Maybe these vaccine makers do have room to go higher but some quarter soon the phase 3 stable will be what matters to the market. PFE is not a biotech startup that runs higher on phase one hopes.
(08-07-2021, 06:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would be cautious chasing PFE with much money here.  Sure their revenues will be amazing for 2021/22 but it's a hard act to follow.  Maybe these vaccine makers do have room to go higher but some quarter soon the phase 3 stable will be what matters to the market.  PFE is not a biotech startup that runs higher on phase one hopes.

This article agrees with you.

While I believe the messenger RNA vaccines will change biotech forever, the article did note that in some people it causes heart inflammation.

I will probably lead with a starter position on it (which has moved up to $3k).
(08-07-2021, 07:03 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 06:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would be cautious chasing PFE with much money here.  Sure their revenues will be amazing for 2021/22 but it's a hard act to follow.  Maybe these vaccine makers do have room to go higher but some quarter soon the phase 3 stable will be what matters to the market.  PFE is not a biotech startup that runs higher on phase one hopes.

This article agrees with you.

While I believe the messenger RNA vaccines will change biotech forever, the article did note that in some people it causes heart inflammation.

I will probably lead with a starter position on it (which has moved up to $3k).
I have owned this flying turkey for 27 years lol.  I doubled down on early vaccine news and gradually trimming back the past few months. A little early of course but a nice profit on PFE and I am not used to that lol.  When the delta surge starts pulling back PFE could be expected to pull back some.  The small companies involved in this were the big scores.  They are also tough to value once the Covid subsides.  I know you like Moderna.  I agree they have a future.  What's it actually worth today, or a year from now?  I have no clue.

And any vaccine will have side effects. How virulent the disease is plays a part. I don't want small pox. A normal flu strain won't likely harm a 30 yr old so they vaxx better be VERY unlikely to cause an issue which requires years of testing. The very reason some won't get vaxxed now when they clearly should.

COMP sales will haunt some companies. When 2022 comes and your revenues are about the same as 2020, you better have a good future story to sell or a high PE comes under scrutiny in a market that is less bubbly. Nothing seems to matter today so enjoy it while we can. Right or wrong, it is why I trim things that get out of hand.
All great points. Interestingly, when I plugged Pfizer into the Total Stock Return website, it made less money if you bought $10k worth 20 years ago than if you bought $10k worth 10 years ago.

Another mRNA company I'm looking at is Novavax. They went down 19.61% yesterday.
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(08-07-2021, 08:03 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: All great points.  Interestingly, when I plugged Pfizer into the Total Stock Return website, it made less money if you bought $10k worth 20 years ago than if you bought $10k worth 10 years ago.

Another mRNA company I'm looking at is Novavax.  They went down 19.61% yesterday.
Before Covid, my TOTAL return on PFE was about 4.5% over 25 years.  Keep in mind the dividend itself was well over 3% for much of this period.  I paid a big PE for at least half my PFE shares in the 90s.  Entry price matters.  I dripped the dividend so the balance is up, but I should have let it go 15 years ago and invested in almost any blue chip.
Sold all my APD last week at 293. More blind luck. I was just cleaning up the portfolio as I have too many positions.
.... just about at the point where I'm ready to blow up my entire portfolio and put it all into Moderna.

Half-joking. Even triple leveraged funds don't move like this. I've never seen anything like it.