Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to VIAC on the large drop today.
(08-03-2021, 10:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Dissolved the rest of my NLY.  Spread the proceeds around (MO, SBUX, HTGC, TXN ... basically a little love to everybody else)

Then dissolved WEBL, not because it's bad, but because one of its constituents, GOOGL, is actually a better growth vehicle than the 3x leveraged fund.  Got 2 more shares of it.
[quote pid='27753' dateline='1628009676']
(08-03-2021, 10:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Dissolved the rest of my NLY.  Spread the proceeds around (MO, SBUX, HTGC, TXN ... basically a little love to everybody else)

Then dissolved WEBL, not because it's bad, but because one of its constituents, GOOGL, is actually a better growth vehicle than the 3x leveraged fund.  Got 2 more shares of it.
[/quote]
The internet beatings will continue until you get rid of most of your yield traps.  A bunch of 3X leverage is scary enough.  We only do it because we like you.  Don't make me PM Niles "get off my lawn" Mike again.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Did some reshuffling

Added some LDOS, SBUX, ZBH, SHAK, GOOG and FB

Sold RL, TBIO, SNOW and trimmed some SQ and
started a watch buy on

MRVL

when i really like a company and it's future prospects but don't value it a 'buy' at the moment i'll purchase a few shares to keep better tabs on it
(08-03-2021, 12:44 PM)rayray Wrote: started a watch buy on

MRVL

when i really like a company and it's future prospects but don't value it a 'buy' at the moment i'll purchase a few shares to keep better tabs on it
I do that as well.  Then it flies and I am up 20% on five shares next month.   Big Grin  Oh well.

Sold some puts in VICI-F-DKNG  Added a few shares of PENN. Sold some covered calls too as I wait for the never dip.
fenders....yes that happens too lol

added to

sofi
[quote pid='27762' dateline='1628020228']
fenders....yes that happens too lol

added to

sofi
[/quote]
Got a source for good SOFI info?  I have a put sold and was thinking of adding.  I don't understand their BIZ well enough.  Is the SQ deal harmful to them?
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(08-03-2021, 12:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: [quote pid='27753' dateline='1628009676']

The internet beatings will continue until you get rid of most of your yield traps.  A bunch of 3X leverage is scary enough.  We only do it because we like you.  Don't make me PM Niles "get off my lawn" Mike again.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[/quote]

My yield trap rule is once they are down 6%, out they go.

But I am now short about $800 in annual dividends from my $6000 goal.  To close the gap, I'm going to more aggressively sell company stock and move the proceeds into DGI stuff.
[quote pid='27770' dateline='1628024764']
[quote pid='27755' dateline='1628010679']
[quote pid='27753' dateline='1628009676']

[/quote]
[/quote]

My yield trap rule is once they are down 6%, out they go.

But I am now short about $800 in annual dividends from my $6000 goal.  To close the gap, I'm going to more aggressively sell company stock and move the proceeds into DGI stuff.
[/quote]
That makes better sense than a stable of yield traps bought well into their run.  It's likely half of them pull back that 6% the first year and the yield didn't happen.
Big moves for me.
Portfolio clean-up continues. AMGN didn't exactly have a great earnings report. This company has been good to me but time to let go.

So, sold all of my AMGN.
Bought LMT/LHX/NSC/AQN/U with the proceeds.
(08-04-2021, 08:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Big moves for me.
Portfolio clean-up continues. AMGN didn't exactly have a great earnings report. This company has been good to me but time to let go.

So, sold all of my AMGN.
Bought LMT/LHX/NSC/AQN/U with the proceeds.

LMT is a POS lol. Even the CFO just left. I have lost patience with that stock and decided to sell in favor on NOC. They are much better positioned going forward. 

Glad I sold LMT as its down $9 now.