Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-11-2021, 08:53 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 05:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 10:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I seem to be suffering from "flat port syndrome" lately.  Maybe I've built both the taxable and ROTH in such a way that every day, everything balances out. Smile

Still suffering from FPS?  You may be entitled to compensation.  Why not sue JNJ like everyone else?  Smile 

Been awhile since my port moved 1/2% in a day.  I am quite fine with that as long as it creeps up.  How long since the SPY made a 5% move that lasted 72HRS?  The market is just immune to blowout earnings reports and horrible inflation numbers.  Reminds me of last May or so when the market would rocket up when another couple million people would lose their job every week.  Everybody here buying shares when it looked like the Great Depression II was coming.  I doubt we see anything remotely similar to that for decades if ever.

Yay up a bit today.  You know what?  I will take Friday up days and nothing much else doing Mon-Thu any week.

I spoke too soon.  I just checked and my taxable account is up $.86.  That's about as flat as you can get!  Not even sure that beats daily bank interest lol Smile
Added to MO and LAND today.
added to apple
Got out of DUSL, TPOR, DPST in the ROTH and bought GOOGL and NVDA. $6k in cash remaining waiting for a dip on others.

They join TTD as the other non-leveraged growth stocks in the ROTH as I continue to transition it.
Added 400 MO

Also added to CAT, FCX, GOLD, TGT, LOW, AVGO and TXN

Sold some ETF's and calls, as well as my position in GM and R
Sold a couple MGA puts at various dates. One of the few industrials I consider at fair value right now.

Sold the rest of my ALSN shares I haven't owned long. Probably try to get back in that one lower which now seems likely.
Over in my HSA account, I started a position in SYLD. For a dividend ETF it's on quite the growth spurt; 48.76% ytd. Yield is 1.31%. Here's hoping it will continue at that pace.
[quote pid='26725' dateline='1623685693']
Over in my HSA account, I started a position in SYLD.  For a dividend ETF it's on quite the growth spurt; 48.76% ytd.  Yield is 1.31%.  Here's hoping it will continue at that pace.
[/quote]
It's been an underperformer for a long time but they sure grabbed most of the good sectors after the Covid dip and apparently late 2020 as well.  Nothing in the top 10 holdings that look scary for the near future.
Your HSA allows stocks? That's great.

Sold CCS in BB, CLOV, UWMC.
Getting my inflation trade on. Been on quite some time actually but they are expiring nicely and I didn't really want to chase. Feel the need to stay at least a little hedged though so here goes nothing.....

Sold multiple puts in SLV-XLE-FCX. I have enough gold stuff unless it dips for real. We'll see if the FED Chief can keep a straight face again while he pretends there is no inflation.

Going to keep some dry powder for new growthy specky stuff when they pull back some week/month soon.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-14-2021, 11:25 AM)vbin Wrote: Your HSA allows stocks? That's great.

Sold CCS in BB, CLOV, UWMC.

Yes I have a standard TD Ameritrade account for it.  My balance hasn't reached $5000 yet so it's a baby.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-14-2021, 11:16 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 10:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Over in my HSA account, I started a position in SYLD.  For a dividend ETF it's on quite the growth spurt; 48.76% ytd.  Yield is 1.31%.  Here's hoping it will continue at that pace.
It's been an underperformer for a long time but they sure grabbed most of the good sectors after the Covid dip and apparently late 2020 as well.  Nothing in the top 10 holdings that look scary for the near future.

Thanks for checking it out!