Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some AMZN, CAT, LOW and SHW
[quote pid='26689' dateline='1623251427']
I seem to be suffering from "flat port syndrome" lately.  Maybe I've built both the taxable and ROTH in such a way that every day, everything balances out. Smile
[/quote]

Still suffering from FPS?  You may be entitled to compensation.  Why not sue JNJ like everyone else?  Smile 

Been awhile since my port moved 1/2% in a day.  I am quite fine with that as long as it creeps up.  How long since the SPY made a 5% move that lasted 72HRS?  The market is just immune to blowout earnings reports and horrible inflation numbers.  Reminds me of last May or so when the market would rocket up when another couple million people would lose their job every week.  Everybody here buying shares when it looked like the Great Depression II was coming.  I doubt we see anything remotely similar to that for decades if ever.
(06-10-2021, 05:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 10:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I seem to be suffering from "flat port syndrome" lately.  Maybe I've built both the taxable and ROTH in such a way that every day, everything balances out. Smile

Still suffering from FPS?  You may be entitled to compensation.  Why not sue JNJ like everyone else?  Smile 

Been awhile since my port moved 1/2% in a day.  I am quite fine with that as long as it creeps up.  How long since the SPY made a 5% move that lasted 72HRS?  The market is just immune to blowout earnings reports and horrible inflation numbers.  Reminds me of last May or so when the market would rocket up when another couple million people would lose their job every week.  Everybody here buying shares when it looked like the Great Depression II was coming.  I doubt we see anything remotely similar to that for decades if ever.

Yay up a bit today.  You know what?  I will take Friday up days and nothing much else doing Mon-Thu any week.
Added MO on ex div day and also added UNP, URI, LOW and ELY

Sold out of KO, TT and AAP
My SPEC is rocking again today. Think I will just chill and wait for UTEs to bottom so I can reload.

Rolled a few short puts forward and down like CMI. Lower strike and new income works for me.
Sold out of CARR, ABT and DLTR

And put proceeds into LMT, ABBV, and LIN

I'm slowly getting out of the low pay out or non dividend stocks and into higher payout ratio names.

I like the way this is building over the next 5 + years

CMI own and that fits the bill. $250 a good place to start. Nice support here.
(06-11-2021, 09:36 AM)kblake Wrote: Added MO on ex div day and also added UNP, URI, LOW and ELY

Sold out of KO, TT and AAP

URI a great company but why not buy CMI instead? URI doesn't pay a dividend.
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(06-11-2021, 09:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of CARR, ABT and DLTR

I'm slowly getting out of the low pay out or non dividend stocks and into higher payout ratio names.

You accidentally typed 5 years.  We know you really meant 5 days.   Big Grin
(06-11-2021, 09:58 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Nah not on my high dividend payers lol. I don't touch them and just reinvest the dividends. 

I do have a plan you know  Big Grin
[quote pid='26707' dateline='1623423584']
[quote pid='26706' dateline='1623423480']
[quote pid='26072' dateline='1620742372']
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote: Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah not on my high dividend payers lol. I don't touch them and just reinvest the dividends. 

I do have a plan you know  Big Grin
[/quote]
Your top ten is quite fluid.  (So is mine BTW)  Don't be telling stories about your forever dividend re-invest holds here or I will check the tape on you.  Smile
Sold out KHC, had bought this after I saw burry buying it. Had a 12% run up, now started to get overvalued with no growth. not bad for a 2-3 month hold. used the proceed to buy kmb. The growth outlook is better on kmb + 1 less stock to worry in port + kmb looks undervalued on a 10 yr chart.

Going slow on kmb, I think it has a little more room to fall.

Added more BABA, UNM, OXY, small position in clov.
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

(06-11-2021, 10:30 AM)vbin Wrote: Sold out KHC, had bought this after I saw burry buying it. Had a 12% run up, now started to get overvalued with no growth. not bad for a 2-3 month hold. used the proceed to buy kmb. The growth outlook is better on kmb + 1 less stock to worry in port + kmb looks undervalued on a 10 yr chart.  

Going slow on kmb, I think it has a little more room to fall.

Added more BABA, UNM, OXY, small position in clov.
Those are decent buys.  I have locked in my total expected 2021 profits months ago and hoping the summer will provide a dip.  It will likely happen IMO but no guarantee for sure.