Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-02-2021, 03:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added 800 shares of ABBV. It’s now my top dividend stock earning $6240 a year in dividends.

I sold some ETFS, high flyers  and trimmed a few other non dividend holdings. My goal is to get to 20k-25k a year in dividend stocks.

I have about 8 years or so before retirement so want that extra income going forward. I learned don’t get greedy and think things will just keep going up. I’m fine with holding mostly low beta stocks for now and the future unless tech gets creamed again lol

My top 10 now are ABBV, LMT, DUK, MSFT, NSC, MO, PEP, CMI, APD and AVGO

MA and ITW just outside the top 10

No bad dividend stocks right there.

What a great list of top 10 (12) you have! Except for NSC & CMI I own the rest of them. 

I added a little ABBV and I think I have over 300 shares now. Still way much smaller than yours. Smile

I sold out WKHS after the surge today at a small loss. I plan to exit most of my speculative stocks when the time is right.
(06-02-2021, 03:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added 800 shares of ABBV. It’s now my top dividend stock earning $6240 a year in dividends.

I sold some ETFS, high flyers and trimmed a few other non dividend holdings. My goal is to get to 20k-25k a year in dividend stocks.

I have about 8 years or so before retirement so want that extra income going forward. I learned don’t get greedy and think things will just keep going up. I’m fine with holding mostly low beta stocks for now and the future unless tech gets creamed again lol

You might want to take a look at CVS to add into that list. Still undervalued by 50%. Also UNM, MRK, BMY
(06-03-2021, 10:57 AM)vbin Wrote:

I sold some ETFS, high flyers  and trimmed a few other non dividend holdings. My goal is to get to 20k-25k a year in dividend stocks.

You might want to take a look at CVS to add into that list. Still undervalued by 50%. Also UNM, MRK, BMY

I already own all those names lol.  I did add WBA a few weeks back at $52 and some MRK at $72.20. CVS not adding at current levels and BMY just has been stuck in a trading range  Big Grin
(06-03-2021, 10:43 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:

What a great list of top 10 (12) you have! Except for NSC & CMI I own the rest of them. 

I added a little ABBV and I think I have over 300 shares now. Still way much smaller than yours. Smile

I sold out WKHS after the surge today at a small loss. I plan to exit most of my speculative stocks when the time is right.

To only have a small loss in WKHS is a win  Big Grin

Yeah no more spec stocks from me. The only way I will play them going forward is by buying the calls if they should get down low enough. Limit the big losses and win if they go up and make a few bucks on the calls. 

300 ABBV is still very nice.  ABBV, CVX and MO to my represent value and you can wait it out while collecting those big dividends to re-invest
Bought the July 16th Calls in EXPR just for the fun of it Wink

We will see where it goes. For $125 I figured it was worth the gamble. Maybe Reedit will jack it up to $60 like AMC LOL
(06-03-2021, 11:14 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought the July 16th Calls in EXPR just for the fun of it Wink

We will see where it goes. For $125 I figured it was worth the gamble. Maybe Reedit will jack it up to $60 like AMC LOL

I like that play. These momo stocks aren't done yet. If you can buy them once they go back down, you have a chance to catch the upside again. I like you wont buy the stocks but the calls are interesting. Those AMC calls paid out a fortune. 

I actually bought BB July $14 calls this morning. 

Even the VSTO July $45 calls look interesting at $2.30
(06-03-2021, 11:08 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Yeah no more spec stocks from me. 

OK guessing game time! 
so guys and gals, today we will be guessing the date on which divmenow makes his next speculative stock purchase.
My guess is  Wednesday 9th of June.

:p
(06-03-2021, 11:49 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:08 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Yeah no more spec stocks from me. 

OK guessing game time! 
so guys and gals, today we will be guessing the date on which divmenow makes his next speculative stock purchase.
My guess is  Wednesday 9th of June.

:p

Do calls count lol

What do we consider spec? Just about anything is a spec right now  Big Grin
Added to BTI. You can't beat the P/E, the yield, the payout ratio, the growth prospects. I don't know why most people aren't aware of this company. It acquired Reynolds American in 2017 and has just been underappreciated ever since.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-03-2021, 12:40 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to BTI.  You can't beat the P/E, the yield, the payout ratio, the growth prospects.  I don't know why most people aren't aware of this company.  It acquired Reynolds American in 2017 and has just been underappreciated ever since.

Great find!  As a connoisseur of 7+ yield stocks, I definitely need to add it to my collection.
Now have some OGN thanks to the MRK spinoff. Wonder if it will perform as poorly as VTRS (the PFE spinoff).
(06-03-2021, 02:30 PM)Otter Wrote: Now have some OGN thanks to the MRK spinoff. Wonder if it will perform as poorly as VTRS (the PFE spinoff).

OGN is forecasting declining revenues, so I sold my OGN.