Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Market is not playing at all on the spec stuff. High PE or no PE stocks will be take behind the woodshed for a beating if the path forward is not extremely positive. Falling knives everywhere. It's nothing personal against any particular stock's story. I grabbed a PLTR put at $18.50 next week. I'll probably eat it but the premium was good. Smile IMO a whole lot of stocks have some 20% downside coming for no specific reason.
Bought 160 calls on ETSY
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-06-2021, 01:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Market is not playing at all on the spec stuff.  High PE or no PE stocks will be take behind the woodshed for a beating if the path forward is not extremely positive. Falling knives everywhere.  It's nothing personal against any particular stock's story.  I grabbed a PLTR put at $18.50 next week.  I'll probably eat it but the premium was good.  Smile  IMO a whole lot of stocks have some 20% downside coming for no specific reason.

I think you are right.  I stopped the bleeding on LABU, full of (speculative) biotech, and put the remaining money into NAIL, which is full of strong non-tech companies.
(05-06-2021, 01:29 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-06-2021, 01:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Market is not playing at all on the spec stuff.  High PE or no PE stocks will be take behind the woodshed for a beating if the path forward is not extremely positive. Falling knives everywhere.  It's nothing personal against any particular stock's story.  I grabbed a PLTR put at $18.50 next week.  I'll probably eat it but the premium was good.  Smile  IMO a whole lot of stocks have some 20% downside coming for no specific reason.

I think you are right.  I stopped the bleeding on LABU, full of (speculative) biotech, and put the remaining money into NAIL, which is full of strong non-tech companies.

Why do you keep buying these ETF'S like NAIL and LABU? You really like to gamble with your money don't you  Big Grin

The housing sector is sitting at a bubble right now. All those home builders are sitting at all time highs and eventually will come crashing  down lol.  That ETF top holding is a Government security bunds and its 19% of its portfolio. And 4 of the other top holdings are treasury's. That should tell you something. Even the fund manger knows that sector is at the top lol  Big Grin

Mine as well Just buy HD or LOW   Tongue
Housing stocks may be, not the house prices though. Inventory all time low and every house getting 15-20 offers way above market prices.
LABU I made a (huge) mistake it wasn't time to head back in. NAIL yeah I need to be very careful; it's been my best money maker but I need to be ready to get out when its the right time. Btw, as soon as I moved over to NAIL, it shot up, so I ended the day well. Phew!

The ROTH strategy (currently) is 100% triple ETFs (well, except for one double).

Over in the taxable, I have HD, LOW, and SHW and they are great.
(05-06-2021, 03:12 PM)vbin Wrote: Housing stocks may be, not the house prices though. Inventory all time low and every house getting 15-20 offers way above market prices.

This is why I sold my house. I got 60k over asking price. The market is crazy. As is used cars  Big Grin

Eventually it will end. Its a great sellers market, but unless your downgrading you go to pay way way above book lol 

New single homes start at a million in my area, and town home start at 500k. Ridiculous!! I can get the same house built in Houston for 380k  Big Grin

But I agree. You need to be very careful in the housing market and I wouldn't buy 1 home builder unless they dropped 50% off lol
(05-06-2021, 03:12 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: LABU I made a (huge) mistake it wasn't time to head back in.  NAIL yeah I need to be very careful; it's been my best money maker but I need to be ready to get out when its the right time.  Btw, as soon as I moved over to NAIL, it shot up, so I ended the day well.  Phew!

The ROTH strategy (currently) is 100% triple ETFs (well, except for one double).

So wait did I see this right?? You entire ROTH is in triple ETF'S...... Wow I wish I had your bold investing strategy  Big Grin
I have a friend on another forum who recently moved to a beachfront property in Newport RI and fully intended to stay there the rest of his life. But he got an offer on his house - unclear if he put it on the market or got a knock on the door - that was similarly way above what he'd recently paid for it, so he flipped the house and moved to Connecticut.
(05-06-2021, 03:24 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:12 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: LABU I made a (huge) mistake it wasn't time to head back in.  NAIL yeah I need to be very careful; it's been my best money maker but I need to be ready to get out when its the right time.  Btw, as soon as I moved over to NAIL, it shot up, so I ended the day well.  Phew!

So wait did I see this right?? You entire ROTH is in triple ETF'S...... Wow I wish I had your bold investing strategy  Big Grin

$90k all leveraged yes, and now NAIL is my biggest holding.

Edit: It doesn't move like you think it might, because it is diversified and on any given day some are up some are down like any other portfolio.
(05-06-2021, 03:24 PM)divmenow Wrote:

He scares me and it's not even my money lol.  But he has been diversifying.  That will work as long as the entire market doesn't correct.  He'll do a personal re-enactment of the 1929 Great Depression crash that month.   Big Grin  I'm just too old to watch my port dip 50% in a quarter if I can help it.
I'm getting better at selling before I lose too much. I'm doing less well at knowing when to get back in. Maybe I just leave LABU alone and look to invest in individual biotech companies I've researched.