Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-06-2021, 09:07 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I think I just have to give up on getting ahead in May.  The market seems angry; that's the best way I can put it.  I've had down months before; it happens.  (Edit: for instance, last year post-March was amazing, but even then September and October were down months for me.)

Back to cruise lines, Norwegian offers Boston to Bermuda cruises again in April 2022, starting at just $650.  I am so there!
I think $90,000 Ford Raptor sport pickups are super cool.  That doesn't necessarily make Ford or Norwegian stock profitable.  I am just harassing you and I do own some F so theirs your opening lol. 

BTW it's only May 6th and you are leveraged.  This might be your best month ever in progress.  I'm not sure what we are going to do with you when the overall market truly gets beat up.  We'll be in here buying QQQ and SPY puts and freaking you out.  Smile
Heh, well I only put a small amount of money into HIBL, and unlike some of the other triples it is much more diversified so I'm not really invested very much in cruise lines. I cut the ones I had in the taxable account a while back. I actually am thinking of adding F myself when I have some cash again, but it's probably after a few others.

Right now it's LABU and WEBL weighing me down and they are past my cut-off figures. They are very swingy. If there were truly bad news accompanying this downturn I'd get out with whatever I have left, but every day I think the bottom will hit and the recovery will start and I don't want to make the mistake I made with NAIL. That said, I would like to remove all the swingy ETFs from my taxable account, and just leave the reliable ones CURE, FAS, WANT, DFEN and most of all SPXL (VOO tripler) and have the rest in DGI or income producing.

And at some point I will free up some ROTH money and try that dividend capture strategy. Maybe after LABU recovers somewhat I will liquidate it for that.
Added 500 VSTO on the dip and Fender recommendation lol
(05-06-2021, 09:31 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Heh, well I only put a small amount of money into HIBL, and unlike some of the other triples it is much more diversified so I'm not really invested very much in cruise lines.  I cut the ones I had in the taxable account a while back.  I actually am thinking of adding F myself when I have some cash again, but it's probably after a few others.

Right now it's LABU and WEBL weighing me down and they are past my cut-off figures.  They are very swingy.  If there were truly bad news accompanying this downturn I'd get out with whatever I have left, but every day I think the bottom will hit and the recovery will start and I don't want to make the mistake I made with NAIL.  That said, I would like to remove all the swingy ETFs from my taxable account, and just leave the reliable ones CURE, FAS, WANT, DFEN and most of all SPXL (VOO tripler) and have the rest in DGI or income producing.

And at some point I will free up some ROTH money and try that dividend capture strategy.  Maybe after LABU recovers somewhat I will liquidate it for that.
F is OK here but try to catch a market dip ad average in.  They have to sort through the chip shortage but they will get their EV game going well enough to please the market.  F is a dividend stock since forever with no current dividend.  It needed to be cut or they were going to die.  I'll have to sell covered calls to get my 6% annual income.  Maybe by mid summer I can start.  F balance sheet is roughed up.  They need a few more profitable quarters to get things somewhat in order.  This is a fun spec stock at $11.  Don't be posting up that you just bought 2000 shares based on my comments.  Smile  That time was last spring and it seemed stupid then.
Joining the VSTO club. In for 200 on the big dip. To the moon!!

Also added CVS, WBA, MO, PEP, CLX and ETSY

Sold some CMI and DHI on the big runs
(05-06-2021, 09:31 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Heh, well I only put a small amount of money into HIBL, and unlike some of the other triples it is much more diversified so I'm not really invested very much in cruise lines.  I cut the ones I had in the taxable account a while back.  I actually am thinking of adding F myself when I have some cash again, but it's probably after a few others.

Right now it's LABU and WEBL weighing me down and they are past my cut-off figures.  They are very swingy.  If there were truly bad news accompanying this downturn I'd get out with whatever I have left, but every day I think the bottom will hit and the recovery will start and I don't want to make the mistake I made with NAIL.  That said, I would like to remove all the swingy ETFs from my taxable account, and just leave the reliable ones CURE, FAS, WANT, DFEN and most of all SPXL (VOO tripler) and have the rest in DGI or income producing.

And at some point I will free up some ROTH money and try that dividend capture strategy.  Maybe after LABU recovers somewhat I will liquidate it for that.

(05-06-2021, 10:12 AM)kblake Wrote: Joining the VSTO club. In for 200 on the big dip. To the moon!!

Also added CVS, WBA, MO, PEP, CLX and ETSY

Sold some CMI and DHI on the big runs
Good.  I've been hyping them here for 6 months lol,  I DD them best I can.  The fundamentals are insane.  Traders just moved on this morning for tomorrows earnings release target.  They keep raising prices and can't keep the shelves filled.  The redneck ammo hoarding revolt is toilet paper real and it isn't ending for quarters.  They own half the famous bullet brands. 98% of what they sell is not subject to any banning legislation.  They used to sell guns but they sold that drama they didn't need to deal with.  They own 40 major outdoor brands and 40%+ of them have nothing to do with shooting sports.  The camping and biking stuff is just running on the re-opening theme.  I predict more analyst coverage soon.  Cramer just noticed they are killing it a few weeks ago and is hyping it.  Maybe not a moon shot from here but it will run past $40 this summer IMO.  I added some long shares on the dip.  I have too many option contracts open but they are safe and I'll close some of them soon.
(05-06-2021, 09:49 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added 500 VSTO on the dip and Fender recommendation lol
Dollars not shares right? Where were you when I was hyping it at 20 bucks?   Big Grin

The fundamentals are real.  I know you did proper DD right?
Oh look!, 2/3rds of the VSTO morning dip has been recovered already. I'm shocked.... not really. Smile

Allow me this bragging moment. Not like it's over but I haven't given 10% of the stock recommendations most of you have. I spend too much time doing DD before I even think of leading a new investor down a dangerous path.

While I am dispensing advice, the actual gun stocks like Ruger and Smith and Wesson look cheap too but they come with big downside danger at some point. I played them too but much lower. They are all busy getting debt free now so I'll be back the next real dip. VSTO still trades with the guns most of the time. The market doesn't know any better. Don't get shaken out if it drops $2 someday on some scary political anti-gun news. That's when I sell puts that expire worthless every single time.
At Q2 end I might compare stocks I got from the forum (HII & crushing it today, RIO, WEC, LHX, etc.) from ones I found on my own (STX, ACN, HPQ) though it's a bit murky because after I'd already bought RIO I read an article touting it as one of the best dividend stocks, so I would have eventually gotten there on my own lol Smile
(05-06-2021, 11:08 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: At Q2 end I might compare stocks I got from the forum (HII & crushing it today, RIO, WEC, LHX, etc.) from ones I found on my own (STX, ACN, HPQ) though it's a bit murky because after I'd already bought RIO I read an article touting it as one of the best dividend stocks, so I would have eventually gotten there on my own lol Smile
What will you learn from that?  Who guessed right for a month?
Sold covered calls on my MO shares. I am fine being out at 50. I am up quite a lot on my shares but I really do want to transfer my tobacco plays to PM when I get a small dip in PM. I'll save the drama for true spec plays. I'd re-enter MO when trouble hits the fan and the shares are truly too cheap again. It's never a long wait.
Sold an etsy put. $145 strike, expiring next week.