Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-29-2021, 05:25 PM)vbin Wrote: Chuck Carnival has recommended BMY a few times recently as well Things are different after CLGN merger, we can't compare to 5 years ago. Need to relook at the company.

I have less than medium position, I thought about adding more today but may be I will wait for next couple days to see if it falls further.

Noticed RH recently, OMG, it's at $700+ that a 10 bagger in less than 2 years. When buffet bought I looked at it and dint buy becouse it had ran up few bucks. Now it's too expensive to touch.
Chuck has done a very thorough analysis of BMY.  I have a total 40-50 positions.  There are always a few underperforming.  If I swap them out every time one underperforms for a few months or even years I won't be better off if my DD was solid in the first place.  But mostly BMY doesn't annoy me because it's easy to make 15%/yr messing with covered calls and puts with part of my position.  If there is a highlight to my strategy this is it.  I can make respectable monthly income on sleepy dogs like BMY and T stuck in a trading range.

I haven't even looked at the market since the open.  Probably have some troubled puts to roll tomorrow.    it had to happen eventually.  Big Grin
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-27-2021, 04:10 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-27-2021, 03:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 03:31 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Microsoft just announced big earnings.  As did Alphabet.  As did Tesla.  I'm expecting a big day tomorrow.
It's mostly in the market already.  MSFT had a very nice run lately.  Traders rule during earnings season.  TSLA earnings don't qualify as big positive news.  The next eight quarters are priced in if fundamentals matter.  (which they clearly don't right now).    

I have no clue what the market brings tomorrow as all the big dogs are expected to beat earnings.

Prophecy for tomorrow: my biggest single day gain ever, with TECL leading the way.  Big Grin

Guy's gotta dream, right?

Moving my prophecy to today.  The relentless good news coming from the earnings calls will kick in, Fridays are usually good anyway, and the last day of a month is usually good.
Market is going to crash today. Well except for IBM which should close at 250. Smile MO chart looks like it may breakout too. Smile
(04-29-2021, 12:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 09:04 AM)stockguru Wrote: Who's adding to BMY on the dip. Not me I need another 10% correction at least to get in.

I added a few more ENPH

TDOC on my watch list. Hoping for lower to get in maybe $150. Another Cathie Woods stinker lol. She's losing big on her purchases. Told you she was a scam lol.

NOW looking for $460-$475

Those are names I would own in my growth portfolio on larger dips. At least today is a start on the dips lol
I have strike 60 and 61 BMY  puts so maybe me tomorrow.  I could roll them of course.

Who is ENPH competition?

(04-30-2021, 06:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Market is going to crash today.  Well except for IBM which should close at 250.  Smile  MO chart looks like it may breakout too.  Smile

2 out of 3 - you win good sir!
added MA, MSFT to my growth port and CVX, AWK and LMT

Sold NUE, PPG and AFL
(04-30-2021, 08:59 AM)divmenow Wrote: added MA, MSFT to my growth port and CVX, AWK and LMT

Sold NUE, PPG and AFL

You back to bullish?  Quite a few buys this week. L
(04-30-2021, 09:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:59 AM)divmenow Wrote: added MA, MSFT to my growth port and CVX, AWK and LMT

Sold NUE, PPG and AFL

Wouldn't call it bullish. Just on a handful of names. Very limited  Big Grin
(04-30-2021, 09:33 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Sold NUE, PPG and AFL

Wouldn't call it bullish. Just on a handful of names. Very limited  Big Grin

Like buying most everyday but not bullishy-bullish.  Me too Smile
Made a bunch of moves in my trading account this morning.

Liquidated positions in CRSP, NTLA, EDIT, NVTA, BNGO, NNDM, TDOC, PACB, and SHAK.

Opened new positions in AMZN and GOOGL and added to my positions in SEDG, ENPH, and GBTC.

Portfolio holdings by size is now: GBTC, NVDA, SQ, TTD, FB, DG, AMZN, GOOGL, SHOP, EGY, SEDG, ENPH

Basically came down to getting rid of the speculative junk and moving more into companies with actual earnings and growth.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Wow Eric! Grayscale Bitcoin, Square, Trade Desk ... all the high fliers! You are missing Five9 and Digital Turbine lol.

I hate down days. April has been weird. First two weeks up up and away second two weeks down down and gloom.
Closed a tsla put. I thought will have to roll but tsla bulls came out this morning. Enph will need rolling.