Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Started new positions in CVS and VZ again.
(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)vbin Wrote: Started new positions in CVS and VZ again.

I was looking for some LEAPs and decided to pick up some of the 01/21/22 $75 CVS calls. I'm guessing just the expectation of a dividend raise at some point in 2022 will cause the shares to spike before January.
(03-03-2021, 03:37 PM)Otter Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)vbin Wrote: Started new positions in CVS and VZ again.

I was looking for some LEAPs and decided to pick up some of the 01/21/22 $75 CVS calls. I'm guessing just the expectation of a dividend raise at some point in 2022 will cause the shares to spike before January.
That's a great idea. May be I should pick up some leaps as well. I want to add more of cvs. This stock in ridiculously undervalued right now. Looking for reasons for undervaluation. Burry also sold his positions recently in cvs though he was up 40-50% and might have seen better opportunities.
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(03-03-2021, 01:48 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:27 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:24 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:56 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone owns SRE here? It's started trading below  15 pe recently after staying over valued for long. Looks like a good candidate to research.

I own it and agree it is looking good. 3.8% yield and 14.5 PE with a recent 5.3% dividend increase.
Thanks Eric I started a small position. Going to look into it a bit more before adding more.

Do you own FE too? Seems like undervalued due to bribery news?

I do not own FE.

Utilities that I own are AWK, D, NEE, SRE, WEC, and XEL.

You might want to take a look at AEP as well. Trades at a 3.9% yield iouwith 5-6% projected annual growth.
Might be the best major regulated UTE deal at the moment.  Most of the 4% yielders have anemic growth rates year after year and/or no renewables game. Get you some before Cramer has the CEO on his show for the 5th time. Smile  Seriously though I add 5 shares a couple times a week.  It's already a core position.  Another 5% dip and I start selling losers and going overweight AEP.

EDIT: Too late, Cramer had AEP CEO on shortly before or after I typed this. He is getting predictable. Smile
Should I change my buy screens and eliminate all the bad companies that are profitable and not diluting their shareholders? Smile
Worst hit I have ever taken in the market in my 30 years lol. Today was an ugly day across the board

But I did add some names. PEP, JNJ, AVGO ($430 AH) XEL, TSM, SQ and DUK. Just a few shares here and there lol
Added NKE, TSM (again). QQQ. SOXX, QCOM. Just nibbling my way to the poor house. My too defensive port looks good this week. I will get the tech shares I should have had long ago.
I don't think it's over. Powell wants more inflation and is ready to let the long tail go higher. Value will be the name on the street for new few weeks unless he comes down with operation Twist or there is a liquidity crises.
I'm just glad I'm still over a decade away from retirement and don't need to touch the money in the market. But yeah ... ouch!!!
(03-04-2021, 08:34 PM)vbin Wrote: I don't think it's over. Powell wants more inflation and is ready to let the long tail go higher. Value will be the name on the street for new few weeks unless he comes down with operation Twist or there is a liquidity crises.
I don't either, hence the nibbling.  I jumped in with new money WAY too fast last March.  The trick is to come out the other side not sitting on your hands having bought nothing thinking you can time the bottom perfectly.  I am only buying quality stuff I'm good with holding.  SPEC can wait for another time.  I'll nibble a good stock ten times if that's how it turns out.  I'm well on my way there with TSM and NKE.  Smile  I bought very little of anything until the dip got real.  I do have a few VERY deep in the money puts sold.   I suspect I will be the proud owner of some overpriced DG and PEP soon.  I'll remind myself that is preferable to some debt bloated profitless pig.

I like Powell well enough but IMO he isn't sure what he'll be doing in a month to control this.  I think he is handcuffed by the politicians who can't spend money fast enough.  He made some comment about the "disorderly market is disturbing.  Really? We hadn't noticed here lol.  If the gambling stocks get truly smoked things will get orderly when the margin calls come out and people panic.
That's the democrats plan. Take away our retirement plans so we're dependent on them. Who voted for this guy lol. All our retirement will be gone at this rate in a month lol

Anyway... I added to CRWD, XEL, GOLD, AAPL, and LMT

I'm down to like 5k now to spend lol

Question. For guys like Eric who have no cash ON hand. How do you stomach bad weeks or months like this and cant add to holdings like CRWD, CRSP, NTLA and PACB?
(03-05-2021, 10:02 AM)kblake Wrote: Question. For guys like Eric who have no cash ON hand. How do you stomach bad weeks or months like this and cant add to holdings like CRWD, CRSP, NTLA  and PACB?

Yeah I can't always take advantage of the dips, but I have faith in my portfolio and that I'm in the right stuff.  It will come back eventually.  The March 2020 dip was erased by August.