Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I am raising cash, lol.
(02-01-2021, 08:16 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:01 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 11:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: So Silver is the next sector they will be bidding up tomorrow I just read lol

I just skimmed that and thought it was a false flag?
They can likely bump it a bit because copy cats like us will help them.  They will spread themselves too thin and crash last weeks favorite flavor.  That is coming very soon.

Silver, gold, bitcoins ... these won't be areas I ever invest in.  They are just "things".  Seems like gambling to me.  I want to own companies.
As promised, I'm back to the world of real investing!
Added LHX and, surprise surprise, PG.
PG has been one of my smallest positions for ages. For a long time I thought their growth opportunities were limited, but looks like they've managed to make a pretty decent turnaround and revenues and earnings are growing nicely again. It'll still remain a small position though but doesn't hurt to have a bit more.
(02-01-2021, 01:12 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: As promised, I'm back to the world of real investing!
Added LHX and, surprise surprise, PG.
PG has been one of my smallest positions for ages. For a long time I thought their growth opportunities were limited, but looks like they've managed to make a pretty decent turnaround and revenues and earnings are growing nicely again. It'll still remain a small position though but doesn't hurt to have a bit more.

Oh wow you are right I haven't looked at PG in years.
(02-01-2021, 12:23 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:16 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:01 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 11:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: So Silver is the next sector they will be bidding up tomorrow I just read lol

I just skimmed that and thought it was a false flag?
They can likely bump it a bit because copy cats like us will help them.  They will spread themselves too thin and crash last weeks favorite flavor.  That is coming very soon.

Silver, gold, bitcoins ... these won't be areas I ever invest in.  They are just "things".  Seems like gambling to me.  I want to own companies.
I had no interest at all when I was younger.  As it turned out that was wise as far as long-term holdings go.  I've invested the past year or so and get the same kind of income as most of my DGI stocks.  Sell puts, collect premium.  Rinse and repeat until exercised,  the major miners (pun tended) also pay decent dividends short of a precious metal crash.  Something I don't expect the way we are printing greenbacks.  All that said you can't chase or you might wait a decade to get even on share price.  The physical metal, while "safe", hasn't really proven to be a great inflation hedge in my investment lifetime.  No way to know if that is so the next 20 years.  It will remain a small part of my portfolio unless it spikes too high.
(02-01-2021, 12:10 PM)vbin Wrote: I am raising cash, lol.
You already have a dump truck load of cash.  You wanna borrow some mason jars or do you trust the bank?  Smile
(02-01-2021, 05:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
You already have a dump truck load of cash.  You wanna borrow some mason jars or do you trust the bank?  Smile
May be I will go buy a house with a backyard( seriously, lol). Just worried about the low interest rates and big property tax bill.
(02-01-2021, 06:35 PM)vbin Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 05:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
May be I will go buy a house with a backyard( seriously, lol). Just worried about the low interest rates and big property tax bill.
On a side note you couldn't buy a canning jar or sealing lid for months with the Covid food hoarder thing going on.  Good thing everybody in Iowa already has plenty to can maters and bury money in the yard lol.  I never bothered to see if BALL stock ran or not.  (They make money storing jars too lol).  I apologize for the worthless post but not really.  Smile
Sold some 3/5/21 $25 PLTR Puts yesterday for $1.20/contract.
Added ETN snd HON and took a new position in NKE. Been a while since I bought that name.
Added a bit to HON and REE (from Madrid)
(02-02-2021, 10:18 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added ETN snd HON and took a new position in NKE. Been a while since I bought that name.

NKE is on my list.  It's been a great put sale on any dip.  Feel like I missed HON.  Dabbled in a few dozen shares six months ago.  They are into more higher growth niches than I realized.  Tracking 100 stocks properly is hard.  :Smile Guess I am going to miss a few.

Really tempted to sell some puts on my more hedgie positions but a new stimulous isn't going to take six months to happen this time.