Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-27-2021, 06:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: CNBC: stock futures down due to fear hedge funds needs to sell their positions to cover their shorts. lmfao.

I guess this means GME  to $500 and AAPL to $130 lol ?
I need to catch up on the news.  It's getting a little silly when a half dozen near BK stocks disrupt plans.  Honestly though, if you are short a shaky smaller cap stock now, that is not a good place to be at all.  You could lose your hedge fund if the internet can do this without going over the legal line, which they can.  

Wall Street poker is fun.  I am going to try some mirrored sunglasses tomorrow and see if it improves my game.  Smile
I have always liked these.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not bad Mike. I have always enjoyed the ridiculous look pro poker players sport. This whole thing is interesting. I am going to be surprised if SEC doesn't attempt another regulation to restore a bit of order. It's a lot like the OTC market with real money. Hedge funds shorting 140% of float? I don't really know how that happens but it does sound like they were manipulating and now paying the price. There needs to be some limit to how much you can short if they desire an orderly market. This reminds me of a populist political movement. Insert Bernie meme here lol.
Decided to jump on the NOK hype train. Let it run to the moon. Though small enough if I missed out, it was just some play money.
This is fun to watch. Robbin hood and other platforms stopped you from buying certain stocks. Can only sell. This is against the law and big lawsuits coming.

They let the big boys make there money to cover there shorts so they could get out and give a portion to the brokerages for saving them billons. Wow I thought I have seen it all lol

Criminals at work. I added to many of these at low levels. Time to fight back.. HOLD HOLD LOL
Closed my NOK position at about 5.00. I think the bad guys won by cutting off buying on Robinhood. The Reddit revolution may be spread a little thin over too many stocks? For those who decide to stay NOK has decent enough fundamentals with 5G projects. At least they are solvent.
(01-28-2021, 10:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Closed my NOK position at about 5.00.  I think the bad guys won by cutting off buying on Robinhood.  The Reddit revolution may be spread a little thin over too many stocks?  For those who decide to stay NOK has decent enough fundamentals with 5G projects.  At least they are solvent.

Is it illegal for financial institutions to block our accounts from buying and selling shares of any company for everyone that has an account with them. I think there a big scam happening. They are protecting privileged account holders from losing money. I thought this was America  Big Grin

I just added 2500 NOK at $4.61  Tongue
I have been watching all these stocks.

Every time these companies are about to run, they halt them to let the big institutions cover. This tactic wont last long. No one is selling. Its pure manipulation to hold them back and scaring people into selling. Wall Street crooks up to there old tricks , But these stocks will shot up again. I have never seen such manipulation in my lifetime. Nice to see the little guys hold the wall lol

They are halting trade at EVERY TIME the pop to drive it down. Talk about corruption lol

THIS IS SPARTA!!!! LOL
(01-28-2021, 11:13 AM)divmenow Wrote: I have been watching all these stocks.

Every time these companies are about to run, they halt them to let the big institutions cover. This tactic wont last long. No one is selling. Its pure manipulation to hold them back and scaring people into selling. Wall Street crooks up to there old tricks , But these stocks will shot up again. I have never seen such manipulation in my lifetime. Nice to see the little guys hold the wall lol

They are halting trade at EVERY TIME the pop to drive it down. Talk about corruption lol

THIS IS SPARTA!!!! LOL
This is clearly corrupt.  Especially Robinhood cutting off the buyers.  I'm guessing 90% of them don't have another account but they will soon but it will be too late for this game..  I wish I had entered a play that is heavily shorted.  You were right days ago they would run and I knew getting in late would be risky.  I was right that they would throw a roadblock up.  They are not going to allow the big boards to become the pink sheet OTC.  The Momo stocks were running just fine before the revolution started.  One of the most interesting things I've ever seen in 35 years of investing.
(01-28-2021, 10:47 AM)kblake Wrote: They let the big boys make there money to cover there shorts so they could get out and give a portion to the brokerages for saving them billons. Wow I thought I have seen it all lol

Criminals at work. I added to many of these at low levels. Time to fight back.. HOLD HOLD LOL

This indeed. Even Interactive Brokers stopped us from buying. I expected Robinhood to fold under the pressure. I didn't see big global institutions doing it. But they did. Indeed, lawsuits coming. They have now DDOS'd Reddit. Blocked trading on most of platforms at crucial moments. Used fake news through CNBC. The game is dirty... no surprises there.

During the MASSIVE trading blackout by the majority of the brokers, they drove the price down to $120. I thought it was over.  An hour later we almost touched $300 again.

Indeed these have been the most interesting days of my investment career. I have made my moves, and I know that even if GME and AMC go to zero I'm still walking out with a profit. Now it's about the fun and the movement. Not about the money. 

Let's go. Smile
I should add. I fully expect GME to crash to levels close to zero sometime soon. I hope it doesn't, but the reality is that the big guys often win in the end.

I'm just amazed by the community built around this. And I certainly hope that whatever happens, it'll cause some changes because obviously the people are not happy with how the market is being manipulated. And rightfully so.

At the very least, I expect the Robinhood IPO to erm... let's just say it might be quiet on that front for a while.
They'll find someone who lets them use a buy button.

Decided to join in the fun. 75 2/26/21 NOK Calls at an average of $0.92/contract. My first ever appearance at the roulette wheel with weeklies.