Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Trimmed some WDAY, ETSY, CRWD, ORCL and RNG (letting my profits ride now)

Sold out of KLAC, HUBS and ZS

Added to TSM TXN, and BBY

I couldn't pass up those gains and sold those high flyers. Nothing to justify those moves and valuations lol

I really like TSM and TXN because they have real earnings and a dividend lol

FB on my watch list but with all those lawsuits hanging over them and the chart breakdown I will look to buy in cheaper

Those bios CRSP, EDIT and NTLA all moving as well Wink
Agree on FB. It's going to be a good buy. They very likely have a few months of negative attention coming. Whether it knocks the stock down or not, that will likely be a good time to add. Long-term shares bought now probably work ls OK too.

The difference in option prices the Friday before and after the Senate runoff election suggests we may get some volatility the first trading days of 2021. For certain sectors anyway. Most everything I checked that trades weeklies show a pretty big spread for only 7 days duration.
Bought 100 LAZR @ 24.80 (on a whim) and am happy at how much its peaked today on the APPL Car Building news.... Don't expect it to be up for long until some more good news comes along, but I'm holding it for the long run !
Also purchased 30 BNTX @ 95.96 as I feel its been targeted pretty bad due to the new UK strain news... I'm pretty sure this is a good one in the long run as well
Sold some oil and a few other names. Will buy on pull back.

FB and googl both might give good opportunities to add w.r.t lawsuits. Specifically interested in google. Love most of their products plus the company, Lol.
Used pooled dividends to add to AMZN, AZO, BLK, BRK.b, and GOOGL.
Could be a nice holiday buying opportunity on BABA today. Down $26 pre-market on anti trust news!
(12-24-2020, 08:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: Could be a nice holiday buying opportunity on BABA today. Down $26 pre-market on anti trust news!
I've been fighting the temptation to add the past few weeks.  I'll grab some today.
Tried to add 2 shares of BABA to my growthy port I am slowly building. My typing skills need improvement or I better start proof-reading before I hit confirm. Second time I have done that the past month or so. I just bought 220 more shares of BABA and I'm thinking its not gonna run higher today..... lol not. Wish me luck while I try to get a nastygram from Waterhouse for daytrading. If this ends bad I'll just go buy some Fireball for Christmas Eve. Smile My largest individual position size record has just been shattered by accident. Sad
Deployed some 401k rollover funds today and bought equal portions in the IRA of BKH, BMY, CAH, CSCO, ED, FLIC, GILD, HII, IBM, INTC, LMT, MMM, MRK, PFE, PPL, SPTN, T, VZ, WBA, WEYS, and XLE, then sold covered calls (Mid/Late January 2021 expiry) against most of the positions.

Hoping for some downwards price action on ABNB to add more shares there.
(12-24-2020, 10:41 AM)Otter Wrote: Deployed some 401k rollover funds today and bought equal portions in the IRA of BKH, BMY, CAH, CSCO, ED, FLIC, GILD, HII, IBM, INTC,  LMT, MMM, MRK, PFE, PPL, SPTN, T, VZ, WBA, WEYS, and XLE, then sold covered calls (Mid/Late January 2021 expiry) against most of the positions.

Hoping for some downwards price action on ABNB to add more shares there.

Busy day for you.  I like most of that except INTC.  That train wreck may be searching for a bottom for a good while.  Owned INTC for a decades but they better execute right very soon as that sector is not forgiving.
(12-24-2020, 10:40 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Tried to add 2 shares of BABA to my growthy port I am slowly building.  My typing skills need improvement or I better start proof-reading before I hit confirm.  Second time I have done that the past month or so.  I just bought 220 more shares of BABA and I'm thinking its not gonna run higher today..... lol not. Wish me luck while I try to get a nastygram from Waterhouse for daytrading.  If this ends bad I'll just go buy some Fireball for Christmas Eve.  Smile   My largest individual position size record has just been shattered by accident.  Sad

Ouch! Nice Christmas gift!
I hope it turns around for you soon, so you can sell 218 shares, hopefully with profit. I have my wife review my larger orders for me for exactly that reason :-)

Merry Christmas!
(12-24-2020, 11:12 AM)MikeWa Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 10:40 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Tried to add 2 shares of BABA to my growthy port I am slowly building.  My typing skills need improvement or I better start proof-reading before I hit confirm.  Second time I have done that the past month or so.  I just bought 220 more shares of BABA and I'm thinking its not gonna run higher today..... lol not. Wish me luck while I try to get a nastygram from Waterhouse for daytrading.  If this ends bad I'll just go buy some Fireball for Christmas Eve.  Smile   My largest individual position size record has just been shattered by accident.  Sad

Ouch! Nice Christmas gift!
I hope it turns around for you soon, so you can sell 218 shares, hopefully with profit. I have my wife review my larger orders for me for exactly that reason :-)

Merry Christmas!
I am going to have to ignore it and be as patient as necessary.  BABA is Chinese Amazon.  They are indeed  monopolistic and they are also a China bluechip so they won't be ruined by government action any more than our FANG stocks.  Just have to wait for it to settle out.  Exactly the reason why I haven't jumped into more shares of FB, AMZN and GOOGL lately.  They will get more heat as well.