Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Got rid of some annoying excessive cash towards the end of the day. Sold a put in TGT, DG and FDX. I have a lot of options that just expired worthless at the close and the cash level was about to get stupid high for this traditionally decent season.
(12-18-2020, 04:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Got rid of some annoying excessive cash towards the end of the day. Sold a put in TGT, DG and FDX. I have a lot of options that just expired worthless at the close and the cash level was about to get stupid high for this traditionally decent season.
Wouldn't FB put have been a better option? Lol
(12-18-2020, 04:27 PM)vbin Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 04:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Got rid of some annoying excessive cash towards the end of the day.  Sold a put in TGT, DG and FDX.  I have a lot of options that just expired worthless at the close and the cash level was about to get stupid high for this traditionally decent season.
Time will tell lol.  I am still keeping my options on fairly short expirations so I'll be dealing with this every week until we get a pullback.  Some week I'll get forced into 10 new positions.
(12-18-2020, 05:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 04:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Got rid of some annoying excessive cash towards the end of the day.  Sold a put in TGT, DG and FDX.  I have a lot of options that just expired worthless at the close and the cash level was about to get stupid high for this traditionally decent season.
Time will tell lol.  I am still keeping my options on fairly short expirations so I'll be dealing with this every week until we get a pullback.  Some week I'll get forced into 10 new positions.
FB premiums are higher comparatively. Still a growth story.
(12-18-2020, 06:51 PM)vbin Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 05:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
FB premiums are higher comparatively. Still a growth story.

These are very short-term income plays.  I usually have about 8-12 of them expiring every Friday so I'm too cashy the following Monday. I definitely mix in some volatile stuff when the price is truly where I want it.  I am still of the opinion we get a smallish but decent correction next quarter.  Want to be able to buy then, but can't sit on my hands and completely miss the bus in case it's 10 months instead of two. Of course it would have been better if I just went all in long 9 months ago, but we're here now lol. I get exercised on covered calls now and then and it makes it progressively worse to manage. I'm just not going to pile in on slow growth stocks trading at 150% of their historical PE. Not my entire port anyway.
added a few shares of AAPL. FDX, HD, and PINS in the pre-market. More buys to come
(12-21-2020, 08:59 AM)stockguru Wrote: added a few shares of AAPL. FDX, HD, and PINS in the pre-market. More buys to come

Nice buys. I will be doing a little buying as well. Have some bios on my list if they get hard today!
Sold a put in APD strike 250 and PFE strike 36.
Reminder to enter 2021 forum stock picking competition before you get too busy with the holidays.

http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1943

UTEs looking close enough for an entry if it happens. Sold puts in XEL-DUK-ALE
(12-21-2020, 08:59 AM)stockguru Wrote: added a few shares of AAPL. FDX, HD, and PINS in the pre-market. More buys to come

AAPL and PINS doing well for you  Big Grin

I sold CVS. Just got tired of the price action and added to MSFT 

Tech on fire once again. I mine as well just sell all my holding and do 100% tech names  Big Grin
Added FB, GOOGL.
(12-22-2020, 11:00 AM)divmenow Wrote:

AAPL and PINS doing well for you  Big Grin

I sold CVS. Just got tired of the price action and added to MSFT 

Tech on fire once again. I mine as well just sell all my holding and do 100% tech names  Big Grin

TECH, green energy and EV.  Sometimes you have to be patient and wait like 48hrs before you are up though.  Smile